Support General Bunkr / Cyberfile Support, Guides and Issues

• Before starting a new thread for an issue, please use the search bar to see if a topic already exists. Please ensure you include as much detail as possible when reporting any issues.

For further information about using this section: Support Guidelines
    To submit and vote on ideas for new features: Ideas and Suggestions
    For answers to our Frequently Asked Questions: FAQ
    For a guide on how to level up: Noob Guide
Status
Not open for further replies.

SimpCity

Staff
Mar 11, 2022
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
Here's a thread collating a number of guides, tips, and resolutions for current bunkr issues

Guides and Tools

Uploading files / albums

Bulk Download Albums

Sort album by size

Upload page enhancements

Issues + Fixes

Access/Upload Issues

If you are having difficulties accessing bunkr, please use a VPN and connect to somewhere in Europe. There are multiple free VPNs available you can use, some of which we have listed here:

Status Page

Please, Log in or Register to see links and images

Last edited by a moderator:

POKI

Broke Boi
Mar 8, 2022
:BongoBan::BongoBan::BongoBan: !!! READ THIS BEFORE YOU ASK ANYTHING !!! :BongoBan::BongoBan::BongoBan:

Guys, quit asking the same few questions

Cyberfile​

• Cyberfile uploads and downloads do not work, this is intentional while a server move is in progress. Just wait for Taco to say when they are resumed.
    • Uploads are re-enabled, most files copied to new server
  • Cyberfile thumbnails will probably never be fixed.

Bunkr​

• Bunkr is overloaded so yes downloads and uploads will be slow, you 'may' have a better experience using a European VPN server. There are fixes being planned to cope with the increased traffic such as advanced caching servers, these are not implemented yet.
    • Cache server has been implemented
  • Registrations are closed until at least bunkr is no longer overloaded.
    • Registrations currently open
  • 429 errors mean you are downloading too much at once, most bunkr servers only allow one download at a time. Pressing play and then pressing download counts as two hence the 429 error.
  • Two servers are down for maintenance, see their status page here:

Any posts asking the same questions will be deleted.

Last edited:

Addicted_Jerker

Fan
Aug 5, 2022
something weird is going on i try to download a video and get the rate limit i can't download that video i get the pop up even after 30 minutes but i can download other videos

i am okay with rate limit if the server are overloaded but i would love if we could get a better indicator and no empty file download

• Brainlet
Reactions: Walter H. White

T4C0

Taco Papi
Apr 15, 2022
Please, Log in or Register to view quotes
We had a similar issue with one of the servers, as this was not "broken" on all the servers, we left the other servers with the same config.

Seems like, out of nowhere (we havent made any changes) shit broke?

We have removed the conflicting config, can you try again?

Also, there's a limitation of 6 requests/second, this is to prevent click abuse. People like to skip like maniacs making over 500 clicks within a few seconds, causing massive load on the server.

Really hit or miss I'm afraid, it really depends on the time, day (if an user uploads something popular), etc. We would love to add more servers to balance stuff out, but this means more $ therefore have to add more ads.

As of the time of writing this, all servers are super relaxed, all servers are using around 3-4gbps.

So, a bit of context;

Recently, we were made aware of abusive users causing our servers to go from 4-5 load to over 40, due to this download speeds tanked to low 100kb/s max 200kb/s, if that.

Upon further analysis we found out that there were users that made over 500,000 requests to a single server, causing the server to overload. Because of this, we had to put a very restrictive rate limiting rule so that all users can stream without any issues.

The rate limit is 6 requests/second, we had another rule but that was the issue with the video downloads being like 2MB or something like that, we have removed this. Only the 6r/s rule is still on two servers (media-files9 and media-files10), plus the 3 downloads at a time, so if you are downloading 2 videos, and load 3rd video to stream, and then try to download a 4th video, you wont be able to do so.

It is important to remember these are per-server basis, so you can download 2 videos from one server, 2 from another, etc. I guess it really depends if the person who uploaded the videos, uploaded the files to different servers.

Last edited:

T4C0

Taco Papi
Apr 15, 2022
Also, please when you guys ask for help or have any doubts please include the server you are downloading from! We can't be that helpful if we don't know which server you are downloading from, we have many.

Just go to your downloads on your browser and you'll see the download URL (on chrome)

image727bdc01dfe975cf.png

On firefox, right click and you'll see an option to copy the download URL!

In there we only need the media-files* URL, or just can simply post an screenshot of it! With this we are able to check the server for any issues and try to help you guys.

• PeepoLove
Reactions: Addicted_Jerker

throweraccount

Toe Peeper
Jun 23, 2022
Thanks for the clarification, but I wasn't downloading any other video. It was only 1 video. Streamed it and while it was streaming, I clicked the download button. Said the rate limit message. Then I overdid it with the clicking AFTER and now it's serving me dummy files that are 3mb instead of the full size.

is the link I was trying to download. Still currently not able to download the full file. Still getting 3mb file. What's the cooldown on the dummy file so I can stop testing if the cooldown is done and possibly extending the dumb dummy file BS.

InterestingSnooper

Superfan
Mar 11, 2022
I use the python cyberdrop downloader and the downloads for all bunkr files are 2mb about. sometimes I get lucky and get really fast like 90-100MB but its usually 2 or lower. sometimes I have to restart the downloader for files to work. and this is all day and night times. this is literally right now as I type this. 2 files going 1.5MB and one going 2.2MB

throweraccount

Toe Peeper
Jun 23, 2022

Yes I'm sure you have no issues. I likely got flagged for my multiple clicking in an attempt to get it to work. I kept on clicking and then it just let me download it, but only 3.655 MB. How do I fix this and if there is a cooldown how long is it so I don't keep clicking the link to test it again. Since I tested it again when you said there are no issues. It seems like a security measure that I triggered.

DrunkHomer

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 11, 2022
Hey, Bunkr 2nd dev here

There's no flagging involved, you either get rate limited or you don't. There's no inbetween.

And when you get rate limited it's for a short period of time (less than a minute).

Have you tried on another browser or even in incognito?

DrunkHomer

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 11, 2022
We adjust monthly the download caps based on server utilization.

In the upcoming week if we see that a server can push a bit more speed, we increase it.

Such caps are in place so that ALL users are able to download at that speed, otherwise one user can fully saturate the link.

Reactions: InterestingSnooper

throweraccount

Toe Peeper
Jun 23, 2022
Something is set to 24 hours. Not sure what it is, but at 2:45 PM when I tried it it returned that 3.655 MB file. It works now. It's been more than 24 hrs since the first attempt when it happened around 6pm. Anyways thanks for helping. I'm not gonna stream it and click download when stream is playing ever again.

Also it wasn't rate limiting me. Initially it rate limited me. It gave me that splash screen saying I was downloading too fast and to slow down buckeroo (rate limiting). Then I refreshed and then kept on clicking download. After a few times of getting the slow down screen (rate limiting), it stopped. It let me download, but instead it was a small version of the file. Not the full 456 MB file. Every single click of download after that for 24 hrs let me download but only let me download the small ~3 MB file.

Anyways, not gonna bother yalls anymore since my experience seems to not align with what you're saying is coded. It's fixed on my end and I'm not about to trigger it again to test it. Thanks again.

EDIT: Eh it's doing it again. I think I'm just reaching some sort of data cap. Cus I downloaded the 456 MB file twice, once on Edge and again on Chrome to see if it was because I downloaded on Edge that it worked. Then I downloaded a 192 MB file and it did it again and as I tried to type this edit I stopped and clicked again and it let me through and download it. So I figured it might be a 2 minute rate limit and I waited a couple of minutes before downloading another file 156 MB and it gave me a 844 KB file. Then as I was about to finish typing this a second time I tried it again and it started downloading the full file. The gap between the first time the file didn't work to the time it did work is around half an hour.

Last edited:

T4C0

Taco Papi
Apr 15, 2022
No, nothing is set to 24 hours my man. We told you this before, but you don't seem to listen.

Having a 24 hour "ban" would be a business kill to us. There's no point on that.

There's no data cap. I've seen users download TB's per day. No caps. We don't even have the tech configured for that, as it would mean we would need to track every single user IP to be able to do so.

Here's all of our server's configs so you are able to see for yourself that its the most basic conf, no blocking, no datacaps, etc.

image73a29afd218592fa.png

Also, did you try Firefox?

We are able to download the same video 4 times no issues, all full size, once again.

imagea24a5e3f88be05ea.png

Last edited:

madlad247

Tier 3 Sub
Mar 11, 2022
Jdownloader is only allowing some files to be downloaded from a video album, getting "network problem" followed by "file not found error" for the rest even though the files are live and can be played in the browser.

lex316

Tier 1 Sub
Mar 15, 2022
Hey sorry if this been already answered but bunkr on my pc loads super slow.
I checked my speeds and its using only like 10% of my internet (around 600kb/s to 1mb/s depending on the server) this issue only effect video playback, downloads work just fine.

lururul

Bathwater Drinker
Nov 5, 2022
I'm getting a popup warning from my AV if I open any bunkr link, like something is trying to connect. Started this week.
Did they switch the ad service or something of the site, like what was happening before with the constant popups?

Status
Not open for further replies.