Discussion Lewdtubers | AVtubers Discussion Thread

NoseBleedKun

Lurker
Jan 7, 2023
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
Please, Log in or Register to view quotes

Hey McKenzie, I have a few question. So I tried this method a yesterday (to try to save Onifu improptu stream on fansly) and encounter a few problems.

The first one being "Packet corrupt", is this a major issue? It kepts popping up every few seconds and I don't think that's a good sign. Ffmpeg still running so I didn't restart it at this point, plus it was too often that I would be doing a restart every few second.

The second one is "skipping # segment ahead", this also appeared quite frequently, should I have restarted the ffmpeg whenever these two lines popped up?

Thirdly, my internet was not the best, so I was really struggling to archived her stream. Some of the output got corrupted and can't be played. :PepeWhy:
Is there a way to fix this?

Oh and also, does the tab containing the stream itself have to be open the whole time?
And I realize that the quality of the output depends on the quality you set for the stream. Is there a way to input this to ffmpeg so it automatically get the best quality? Or do I need to set the stream to the highest quality manually every time?

Thank for the answers in advance.

P.s. To those of you who expecting the impromptu fansly stream from me, I apologize, but depending if I can un-corrupt some of the output files, then I don't think you'll be getting the good bits and even then I don't know if it have the good bits or not. :Sadge:

Last edited:

Dicks McKenzie

Lewdtuber Lunatic
Mar 14, 2022
In theory, yes. In practice, no. ffmpeg has a flag +discardcorrupt set by default to remove corrupt packets from the stream. If you're getting a lot of corrupt packets that might signify an issue with your connection to the stream.

Nope, that's fine - this is due to ffmpeg trying to maintain a 1:1 with the ongoing stream. Sometimes it'll already have the information it needs if it's recording faster than it's receiving info so it can just skip chunks.

Short answer is no. If you lose connection to the downstream suddenly or you experience a hardware fault/close the terminal you run the risk of the container getting fucked and it not being able to process properly. You can try reencoding it, but that often doesn't work.

Nope. You can close the browser entirely. The only thing that matters is that the terminal is still open.
Arguably if you're running on a weaker device or with a weak connection you should probably close everything but the terminal to ensure highest possible conditions.

So for that specific method of recording a stream, no. Generally speaking, Fansly defaults the "auto" quality to highest first, so if you take the first GET header in the Network tab you should get 1080p (or whatever the highest is etc).
Based on everything you've said I think you might just have an issue with the strength of the your connection.

I've got it, I'll upload it later today (y)

NoseBleedKun

Lurker
Jan 7, 2023
I see, that's good to know
Damn, that sucks. I hate my internet, man. :PepeWhy:
Ok, this is also good to know, meaning I can dedicate all my pc to this. I wish I can say the same for my internet connection. I live with a other people, so it's hard to just get a dedicated internet service just for my self.
I did copy the first header everytime, but I notice that some of the output I got have reduced quality. Is there a reason for that? Tbf, I also did have to rerun ffmpeg multiple times due to a lot of other error like server timeout error, or couldn't find http error, and stream discontinuity error.
Yes :SadgeCry:
Thank you McKenzie. Truly 🙏

Additional question if you don't mind.
Do you know of a way to record/archive a discord stream?

Dicks McKenzie

Lewdtuber Lunatic
Mar 14, 2022
NoseBleedKun (gonna quote you like this for thread readability and also because you used the spooky D word lol)
Yeah I do the majority of my recordings on a dedicated Raspberry Pi I have running so theres no real performance bottleneck - though obviously theres a limit on concurrent streams. In regards to the internet connectivity, it is a pretty resource intensive so you might struggle with it on lower end connections. Also YFU in particular runs her streams at a very high bitrate so thats gonna strain things further. Moreover, depending on your ISP, you might get your speeds throttled for high DL traffic (and UL traffic if you choose to share your recordings), which obviously isnt great if you live with others.

I encourage everyone to record and share stuff if they can (it's why I wrote the guide) but if your in IRL circumstances mean you can't then don't sweat it.
Your connection is choppy so Fansly is defaulting the auto to a lower quality woul be my guess
This is also likely due to your connection - but just make sure you're using -c copy and -protocol_whitelist http, https in your ffmpeg command, as you'll see those errors more frequently if you've not included them.
If you are the streamer yourself the app has a built in way to record. Otherwise, not really? You're kinda stuck with screen recorders until somebody develops an extension or mod for the app.

Reactions: rowaman

NoseBleedKun

Lurker
Jan 7, 2023
Yeah, I might need to content with sharing 720p quality. Or contribute some other ways. But if by some miracle I can get an upgrade soon, I woud love to share high quality stuff.

Ah that would make sense. I guess I should use the second or third header so it wouldn't fall into the auto category and got switched by Fansly
I did use the command prompt you share that include protocol whitelist, I guess it just shows how bad my internet connection is.
That's unfortunate, BlueHaze sometimes did her nsfw stream in the spooky D word, that's why I wanted to know if there is a way. Oh well, it can't be help at this point.

Thanks again for answering my questions Kenzie, appreciate it. 🙏

Dicks McKenzie

Lewdtuber Lunatic
Mar 14, 2022

THE WEEK IN LEWDTUBING
[2024-06-23] - [2024-06-30]

HEADLINES
AmeDoll redebuted with a new vtuber model
El_XoX, YFU, Cotton, Vex had a group collab on Twitch
FeFe + El_XoX had a hentai tag tier list collab on Twitch
Fream revealed her new official onahole by Intimaly
Mel held an episode of Lewdcast with guest
Please, Log in or Register to see links and images

Mel revelead official swimsuit merch by Moeflavor
Skye Annette debuted on Fansly
Please, Log in or Register to see links and images
was this weekend with multiple Lewdtubers attending
Vex + FeFe collabed on Fansly
YumPrincess debuted a new chibi L2D model​

BIRTHDAYS
None​

NEW CONTENT THREADS
SamitaCross

Dicks McKenzie

Lewdtuber Lunatic
Mar 14, 2022

- OPEN QUESTION -
DESERT ISLAND DICKS?

This weeks Open Question comes to us from boopin - "Who are your 3 "Desert Island" creators?"

Lets say you were marooned on an island with no internet, but you did manage to bring along an drive with all the content of your 3 favourite lewdtubers or avtubers. Who would they be? And why did you choose them? Would you pick somebody with a large back catalog? Or maybe somebody who you think has a lot of replay value? Do you have some sort of personal connection to them and their content? Or maybe you choose somebody that you didn't really give enough time to back when you had the chance?

Let me know your feelings on this week's Open Question below

If you have any ideas/suggestions for future Open Questions or Tech Guides, let me know in the thread or in my DMs

Last edited:

wo0ly

Lurker
May 23, 2022
Since rtxfu is a slut (reiterating), imagine a stream where the slut (derogatory) would demonstrate how sex usually goes while onifu teach dorei sex ed