Discussion Lewdtubers | AVtubers Discussion Thread

Dicks McKenzie

Lewdtuber Lunatic
Mar 14, 2022
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
In addition to the news posts I want to alternate an addendum between an Open Question (which I bootleggedly tried last week) and a Tech Guide.
This week's tech guide will be about file hosting sites and how they compare/contrast in regards to sharing the general styles of lewdtuber content.

- TECH GUIDE -
BABBY'S FIRST FILE HOST COMPARISON GUIDE

So let's say you have some content from a lewdtuber or avtuber that you want to share with your fellow Simps. Great! But what site do you host your files on? First we need to consider what you actually want to share :

Lewdtuber and AVtuber content generally comes in 4 main variants -
  • Stream VODs (from Fansly/CB/ePlay etc) which generally have a large filesize (>=2GB)
  • Videos and longform audios which generally have a medium filesize (<=2GB)
  • Clips and audios that generally have a small filesize (<=250MB)
  • Photos or skebs that generally have an inconsequential filesize (<=15MB)

Below is an alphabetized list of some of the most common reliable hosts, their pros/cons and a general use case

Please, Log in or Register to view spoilers

DISCLAIMER
  • This is by no means a comprehensive list of all file hosts, just a comparison of some of the most popular ones found on the forum​
  • This guide is agnostic insofar that it doesnt consider whether the uploader is using a desktop/mobile etc, your device might determine your preference​
  • The forum does have it's own Approved & Recommended File Hosts guidlines that you should also check out​
  • For COLOSSAL filesizes or huge collections it's probably better off thinking of using a torrenting solution (which we can cover in a future guide)​

If you have any ideas/suggestions for future open questions for the thread or any tech guides you want to see, let me know.

Last edited:

Dicks McKenzie

Lewdtuber Lunatic
Mar 14, 2022
They say you gotta water a plant for it to grow, so in order to try and stimulate some discussion I present The Week In Lewdtubing -

THE WEEK IN LEWDTUBING
[2024-04-08] - [2024-04-15]

HEADLINES
Tiffany Tiefling announced she'd be going on hiatus from NSFW content due to health issues (still streaming on Twitch)
Milly debuted on Fansly (check her content thread for partial VOD)
Kurumi debuted on Fansly
Uzuri Mia returned to streaming on Fansly
Vexoria returned from vacation and was scammed by uwumarket
CaelumVT debuted a new 3D model
Camila debuted her new springtime bunnygirl outfit and streamed for 48 hours straight
YFU teasing a return of dance streams
El_XoX and Melody had another NSFW collab on Fansly/CB
It was Tara Kaminarito's birthday
It was Hikikomoka's birthday​

NEW CONTENT THREADS
LateNightLilah | Milky | Techycutie | Tadako Nyanko

Last edited:

Dicks McKenzie

Lewdtuber Lunatic
Mar 14, 2022

THE WEEK IN LEWDTUBING
[2024-04-21] - [2024-04-28]

HEADLINES
Charlotte Sylvicroft announced she's leaving Indonesia
Cotton had her monthly Fansly stream and did her first ever anal play
el_XoX celebrated her birthday with a special Fansly/CB bunnysuit stream
el_XoX and Mel had a collab Q&A stream about the ins and outs of being a lewdtuber (
Please, Log in or Register to see links and images
)
Kumbomb had her monthly sub-only in IRL Fansly stream
Podgekinn made Twitch Partner
created a
for feet/socks content
Silver and Sinder had their official Gamer Supps flavours release
Tara returned to streaming on Fansly after skipping a week to attend a fighting game tournament
Vex had her monthly Fansly stream​

BIRTHDAYS
el_XoX

NEW CONTENT THREADS
DarkTouchVR | MeayaGremlina

Snuffy

Dicks McKenzie

Lewdtuber Lunatic
Mar 14, 2022
In addition to the weekly news post I've noticed Fansly changed their endpoints yet again this week so I also wanted to write a quick guide on how to start manually recording Fansly streams without the use of any extensions/plugins/bespoke software; I'll edit this post and put it here (after I've finished writing it up lol)

- TECH GUIDE -
BABBY'S FIRST FANSLY MANUAL STREAM RECORDING MANUAL

Last week a Fansly update changed some of their headers and broke some existing tools for scraping Fansly and recording streams. Fansly does this every few months - whether as a means to thwart pirates or just internal decisions to change them remains to be seen - but it has a rippling effect on anyone who wants to archive content; tools need to be updated which causes downtime and potentially missing out on content that isn't saved by the models themselves.

So because the vast majority of lewdtubers stream on Fansly, I want to make everyone aware of a pretty simple method to record Fansly streams manually - without the use of any extensions/plugins/bespoke software that might break if/when Fansly changes their endpoints.

DISCLAIMER
  • Because this method is manual, in the event the recording breaks (stream crashes, you lose internet, power cut etc) you will have to manually start the recording again.
  • This method does not work for scheduling streams, the stream has to be live. You also are unable to recording any part of the stream that has already happened.
  • This method works on many different straming websites (Twitch, Chaturbate etc). Experiment and see what you can record!
  • Bespoke tools and plugins ARE generally a better alternative to this method and should be explored where available; they offer good QoL features and allow for bulk downloading/scheduling etc. This method is just a good fallback if those tools are not working.
  • Fansly's codebase is complete shit lol

Last edited:

Dicks McKenzie

Lewdtuber Lunatic
Mar 14, 2022

THE WEEK IN LEWDTUBING
[2024-04-14] - [2024-04-21]

HEADLINES
Camila was banned (and unbanned) from Twitch
Cotton returned from vacation and started streaming again
el_XoX debuted a new bunny girl outfit and held a 12 hour subathon to pre-emptively celebrate her birthday
and Sif Avellana collabed on Fansly
Sinder revealed her official Gamer Supps flavour
Skydarc debuted on Fansly (check content thread for VOD)
Snuffy celebrated her 4 year anniversary of streaming
YFUBABY broke in her new 3DIO mic for her "first" ASMR stream​

BIRTHDAYS
KiraP | Saruei

NEW CONTENT THREADS
Cweamcat | Denpafish | Enaroh | Snuffy | UzuriMia

I know it's only been 6 days but I'm gonna do these on Sundays from now on, it makes more sense

Dicks McKenzie

Lewdtuber Lunatic
Mar 14, 2022

THE WEEK IN LEWDTUBING
[2024-04-28] - [2024-05-05]

HEADLINES
EllyEN posted on Fansly for the first time in 6 months
Nasu Aisuru recovered from her sickness and will return to regular NSFW content creation/streaming
obkatiekat resigned from Mythic Talent
Techycutie returned to streaming for the first time in 3 months
Vex is on break until the 11th May
yumprincess finished her school semester and will return to regular NSFW content creation/streaming
Zone had her monthly CB stream​

BIRTHDAYS
None​

NEW CONTENT THREADS
ArtsyVRC | Geo Carnelia | LiseraVT | Nyemi | ZavvyGamer

Sinder

Also, not really a headline but I got the ability to edit old posts yesterday, so the index in the megathread's OP has been updated

Dicks McKenzie

Lewdtuber Lunatic
Mar 14, 2022

THE WEEK IN LEWDTUBING
[2024-05-05] - [2024-05-12]

HEADLINES
DaphVT returned to creating NSFW content after a brief hiatus
EllieTheVtuber/ComfyNekomimi announced she's rebranding as Meiko Meido and selling all her old content before deletion
El_XoX and Camila had a drunk collab on Twitch
Lucahjin is out of hospital and back to streaming
Nalithea announced she's returning to NSFW content on June 2nd (her birthday)
Sif Avellana was banned from Twitch for 48 hours for restreaming the Eurovision Song Contest
Skia Obsidia debuted her nude model
Vex returned from her break and debuted a new springtime model
yumprincess returned to NSFW streaming after completing her school semester​

BIRTHDAYS
None​

NEW CONTENT THREADS
LorianLoc | Nyannie

FeFe

Last edited:

Dicks McKenzie

Lewdtuber Lunatic
Mar 14, 2022
Please, Log in or Register to view quotes
Funnily enough, I just recorded her last Fansly stream and was going to make a thread for her once kemono/coomer stopped being dead. Spooky!

Edit - made the thread, she's missing from the lewdtuber megathread because the OP is more than 14 days old but I'll add her to the lewdtuber index when I get the shiny orange name lol

Last edited:

Dicks McKenzie

Lewdtuber Lunatic
Mar 14, 2022
Consider this a 7 hours late addendum to the news post;
Some of you may or may not have heard there's been some drama with a Twitch talent agency called
over the last few days. tl;dr the guy in charge is a cunt, a bunch of smaller talents got terminated and theres some cliquish behaviour behind the scenes + a blacklist of non-talents they cant work with, even if they are friends in irl.
Loathe am I to gossip about this kinda stuff (especially outside of the designated thread lol) but I thought it was interesting to bring up given that the last conversation this thread had was about lewdtubers getting sponsorships, MSM actually manages a lot of fairly famous lewdtubers (Cotton, Vex, Fream, Mim, Alfyria etc) and also this week obkatiekat left her talent agency (Mythic Talent) due to her feeling that they weren't representing her and that being associated with them was actively hurting her brand image.
If this MSM thing spills out beyond Twitter beef, we see an exodus of talents (lewdtubers, in our zone of interest) and we suddenly have an influx of literal free agents then I do wonder what, if anything, will change.

But what do you think?

Dicks McKenzie

Lewdtuber Lunatic
Mar 14, 2022
professor farnsworth futurama GIF

Dicks McKenzie

Lewdtuber Lunatic
Mar 14, 2022
It was back when Zen was a mute VRChat RPer - pre VShojo, circa 2018/2019 - which in the vtubing world is basically prehistory.
She never did anything as "hardcore" as the likes of Melody or a traditional lewdtuber/avtuber; mostly just stripping, lapdancing, ERPs and whatnot. And despite a large contingent of her current audience desperately wanting her to do NSFW stuff again, it's unlikely to ever happen.

I'll be honest, I mostly just included Zen in that index for shock value lol.

Dicks McKenzie

Lewdtuber Lunatic
Mar 14, 2022
I have a very similar setup, right down to the raspberry pi lol. Just instead of using that I built my own autorecorder (this was back in 2022 before there was an open source fansly recorder). I messed around with fansly-recorder during its first releases and I'll be honest it was a little ropey, but if you say it works well now then I'll definitely give it another look.
I'm pretty sure it follows the same basic principle as the method above btw - but it just makes a call to the API to pull the playlist file instead of "manually" getting it.

Dicks McKenzie

Lewdtuber Lunatic
Mar 14, 2022
Last edited:

RabbitHoleGuy

Tier 1 Sub
Jun 26, 2022
This is definitely my favorite lewdtuber out rn. She's got a great voice and is a big people pleaser. It doesn't hurt that her irl bod is smoking hot.

MrEgg69

Fan
Jul 21, 2022
SylveeVT, formerly Ashhbear used to pokemon romhacks a decade ago and its wild to see her now fucking giant toys. She would be a good canidate for a write up on the girls getting sluttier posts to thoise who can word well