Feedback Ideas and Suggestions

• Before starting a new thread for an issue, please use the search bar to see if a topic already exists. Please ensure you include as much detail as possible when reporting any issues.

For further information about using this section: Support Guidelines
    To submit and vote on ideas for new features: Ideas and Suggestions
    For answers to our Frequently Asked Questions: FAQ
    For a guide on how to level up: Noob Guide

brokensaph

I am Djour Djilios.
Mar 14, 2022
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
I can't help but offer this:
Rather that enforce what you don't want to happen, incentivize doing what "is best."
How about: posts with thumbnails garner auto-thanks or such and the opposite stays as is?
I don't know how you'd do that.......maybe an auto-pic option that a user can click and paste screens to which when accessed, prompts an auto-like....or a SHINY SIMP BUTTON...lol?
I don't know, just trying to help.

slimout

Ministry of Fake Tits
Mar 13, 2022
Please, Log in or Register to view quotes
Autogenerated screenshots showed as thumbnail (like dood) are the only viable solution. And you can even combine this with an embed option. You should be suggesting this type of thing to gofile and bunkr.

Since everyone nowadays seems to take much of tech for granted, I hope you're tipping them well while you do that.

The downside of having embed option is they're probably going to get much heat bc ppl will embed their links anywhere and links gonna get down

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe Vega

throweraccount

Toe Peeper
Jun 23, 2022
Discord sign in is broken. When you click the discord login button it says invalid oautho it's because the link says redirect ur i instead of ur L. Then when it clicks through after you fix it to I, it goes to the discord accept page to accept simpcity.su to log in using discord. After you accept it gives you the connected account code in the URL but it says forum.thotsbay.to you have to change that to simpcity.su and then it will link your account to the discord. Yalls gotta fix the discord login. I had to fuck around with the web address' just to get it to work.

Raiden Shogun

Electro Archon
Mar 11, 2022
The reason there are a lot of dead gofile links is because they expire after a week if nobody clicks on them so when the site went down a lot of them expired. If you don't report them or contribute in any actual way to the forum then you just look like a clown complaining about it.

brokensaph

I am Djour Djilios.
Mar 14, 2022
In the old country, we'd say:
Touche'
giphyd42cb37c0bab1e7e.gif

• pauseChamp
Reactions: Raiden Shogun

Spyke6🗿

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 21, 2022
I remember this got suggested on thotsbay aswell. The response was something along the lines: "It's too much hassle and it can be exploited by trolls or clueless users". And I agree, first thing that came to my mind were people who don't like the host and trolls which can ruin this.

Also, if somebody wants a re-up they can send a DM if they want, am I missing something? I don't see people with DMs closed that often, idk. Or if the OP seems like a guy who doesn't have reaction alerts disabled and I don't want to DM, I react with a PepeHands :PepeWhy:

Last edited:

brokensaph

I am Djour Djilios.
Mar 14, 2022
You post it; you keep an eye on it. The staff's job is to clean up after you, not be your inventory clerk. Got a thousand posts to keep track of? You will be mighty busy, huh? Trust me, the staff has too much do already without sending a DM to every user whose post had to be deleted.
Posting in pirate forums is like drinking at a BYOB party:
The host doesn't keep an eye on your cup so you can be alerted when it's empty, do they? That's YOUR job.

• GigaChad
Reactions: Gentlemen Mercenary

SN0W

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 11, 2022
Last edited:

brokensaph

I am Djour Djilios.
Mar 14, 2022
Sorry if I ruffled your puffy shirt. Listen, there are pirates and there are indolent pirates. The latter irks me like a leak in the boat. Your suggestion rubbed my rhubarb the wrong way. Nothing personal.
Again, if we post something, it is OUR JOB to make sure they stay active and the staff's job to bury it when it's dead. No forum I've ever been a part of would ever consider making it policy to create a notification system to alert every dead-link owner every day. It would be a nightmarish solution to a problem that is really on the shoulders of a poster anyway. Savvy?

Last edited:

SN0W

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 11, 2022
Using the "like" button already sends an alert such as "brokensaph reacted to your post with Rage". Given there's icons of Pikachu and Linus, my suggestion is to add a neutral "re-up" icon so that it's immediately obvious when I check my alerts or receive a push notification.

You say it's indolence, but I create screens, mirrors, and maintain my links for years. Constantly checking 100s of links is not possible no matter how much you try. If it's bad solution then no worries, it was just a simple suggestion.

Last edited:

Master Roshi

Turtle Hermit
Feb 5, 2022
So I noticed that Saint.to embedded videos load much faster than they did back on TB; pretty much instantly. But the option to download the videos is still missing. I know there used to be a button originally, but it's gone, and you can't download by right-clicking either. The tampermonkey script for downloading posts also doesn't work for this.

Can the ability to download saint.to videos be re-implemented?

B4b4T33

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 12, 2022
to hep the janitor's job cleaning out the dead links, would be possible to have a way for links to be marked as dead, like a Re-UP reaction tag, and then the janitor can garbage collect all dead links that OP has not reacted to or updated?
----
A post specific tag would be a good way too. Once that says if the person is able to reup if down or not, or if they have updates. This will prevent replies for the sake of requesting reuploads, and make the janitors work easier.