Discussion General Vtuber Discussions

Does it for free

Tier 1 Sub
Mar 21, 2022
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
Please, Log in or Register to view quotes
We'll likely never know. But the fact that they released it eventually only further embarrasses themselves by having to forcefully censor out segments involving ex-talents. When I first saw it I thought it was a hail Mary attempt to scoop up any positive sentiment fans might still have had, but thinking about it more, perhaps the 'covid reasons' were actually that.
Maybe the concert proved that at the time of recording nobody was following regulations regarding masking, distancing, barriers or any other autistic shit the government was cooking up at the time. Which again, only embarrasses Niji even further. Why didn't anyone check to make sure they were in compliance? Why did it take them a year and some to censor everything? Why create an event like this only to hide it as an ace up your sleeve?

sagatiba00

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 14, 2022
Soooo, it's worse than I've thought. Apparently Niji can't get a refund on the venue for Summer Jam, which pretty much confirms money wasn't the main issue for canceling it. It was likely the kind of bad optics an empty theater at an entirely full anime convention would weight badly at the next financial report

BuggythePK

Tier 2 Sub
Jun 7, 2022
Please, Log in or Register to view quotes
If I have to point at one thing, it's Selen's termination and its aftermath, specifically the infamous black screen video. But like exploding tnt, it's only the spark. The fuse has long been lit. I'd argue the biggest factor of Niji's current struggle is their incompetence of managing foreign branches, going as far back as Niji India.

Each foreign branches seemed to be left on their own devices, seemingly without supervision and that much support from HQ. Niji ID was very successful back in the day, with livers like Hana being one of the very few big English-speaking vtuber. They came out on top of the competition on the local market, but the HQ never really cashed in on the success while holo ID starting to catch up. By jove, Hana only received her 3D model last year, and that was after multiple delays.

As for Niji EN, if the rrats are true about its management (or its lack thereof), then who's really surprised when it all crashed down? Having a circle of friends doing something together is nice and all (like early vshojo), but it doesn't work that well in a corporate environment.

TL;DR Niji doesn't have the commitment to maintain their foreign branches

Dicks McKenzie

Lewdtuber Lunatic
Mar 14, 2022