EXCLUSIVE OFFER - WATCH CAMSODA GIRLS LIVE FOR FREE!!! - CLICK HERE
  • We have blocked access to our website from TOR nodes and a datacenter in France (some VPN connections to the country might be faulty) due to abusive behaviour. If things quiet down - they'll be enabled again in a few days/weeks.

Discussion General Vtuber Discussions

Wouldn't exactly say mental illness, but yeah this whole thing is unavoidable unfortunately, and it truly is a difference in direction. People like suisei and sora thrive in the current state of hololive, but some unfortunately don't.

Yet i'll be lying if i'm not worried about gen 2, both ayame and shion have not been streaming regularly for more than a year now. It'd be devastating for both choco and subaru if the worst case scenario happen.
Ayame hadn't been streaming regularly for like 3 years at this point. Shion I ain't THAT concerned, she's a university student, it's the same deal as Haachama going MIA for like almost a year for her last year of uni.

I see this as less of a direction change and more like a foregone conclusion. Hololive was already doing idol shit for years. It's the scalability that got different. Renting small studios in Akihabara to shoot 3D content and having shows in small venues with rented gear is scuffy, but way smaller in scale and more controllable. It was basically Yagoo, A-chan, the girls, and a passionate desire to succeed. Nowdays, they have their own studio, a ton of employees, people from outside the company coming and going, as Hololive rents the studio to other clients and companies for 3D related stuff (Cover WAS originally a mocap gear company after all), and have concerts on humongous venues with tens of thousands of people between fans and staff. For someone like Aqua, with cripling agoraphobia, this is very hard to deal with.

Consider even Gura once thought about quitting because she couldn't handle the pressure of being that famous and recognizable, and was talked out of it by Calli and Ame. And while Gura is an introvert, she's not an agoraphobic like Aqua.

It's even worse when you think that she 100% blames herself for not being able to deal with change (as seen in Rin-chan's post) and basically decided "this is my limit." To date, we know Suisei, Pekora, Marine, Botan, Akirose and Towa (and the list keeps growing) all tried convincing her to stay, and I get the feeling that she would if it didn't affect her this badly. It's equal parts going away on her own terms and for thinking she can't do better than currently - which, yes, is entirely mental health related.

Bros...

Edit: ok it's not all bad but it is surreal to see. End of an era.
I was expecting Rin to jump ship. She always seemed the closest to Avi. Him not being there made me doubt she'd stay. Kattarina can't catch a break tho, this is the SECOND corpo she jumps ship from. Delays from WILDFYRE were all but expected. The one-year financial help deal to the girls going indie is top shelf, tho.

As I expected, current Brave Group is treating them very well. It's honestly very comforting to see.

I was expecting Rin to jump ship. She always seemed the closest to Avi. Him not being there made me doubt she'd stay. Kattarina can't catch a break tho, this is the SECOND corpo she jumps ship from. Delays from WILDFYRE were all but expected. The one-year financial help deal to the girls going indie is top shelf, tho.

As I expected, current Brave Group is treating them very well. It's honestly very comforting to see.
Wait...sorry if I sound heartless, but why would you give a year worth of finances to indies who don't work with you? Isn't that kind of a waste? Brave already have enough Vtubers that can match Nijisanji already.

Not to burn bridges. Brave is doing a good bunch of money with their global expansion, and by keeping an open door, they can keep the people who went indie orbiting. And by having them and their audiences close, they make money in the long run.

Rin said the one year revenue sharing plan is for those who'll be leaving, they get to keep the IP, the Channel, and everything. So instead of a one time payment in bulk that they most likely couldn't afford to pay they'll be free to grow their channel on their own terms while dropping a percentage of their earnings to Brave for using the IP.

So Idol was fucking up behind the scenes?
TL;DR is they've been operating in the red for at least a year. Avi put his own money on the company and went broke. Then he sold them to Brave Group

The bigger surprise for me is Coni NOT leaving. She's moved in with Mozumi Pichi, streamed together as Menace and all.
RIGHT?! I was 100% sure she'd jump ship. To be honest, this was BEFORE the merger, and whatever deal they've offered seems good enough that most girls decided to stay. The ones leaving are the most senior ones who either don't need the visibility or were absolutely loyal to Avi.

Same for Kattarina, actually.

Makes sense she doesn't wanna stay, since her original corpo unit, OshiLive, was part of Brave Group. And that was before Brave Group locked in and became half-decent.

TL;DR is they've been operating in the red for at least a year. Avi put his own money on the company and went broke. Then he sold them to Brave Group

RIGHT?! I was 100% sure she'd jump ship. To be honest, this was BEFORE the merger, and whatever deal they've offered seems good enough that most girls decided to stay. The ones leaving are the most senior ones who either don't need the visibility or were absolutely loyal to Avi.
Yeah Coni surprised me too. She was the one I was the most confident in leaving with how she was getting so active on her PL.

Fuyo leaving bumps me out tho.

In her video Rin mentioned, she was going to leave in June before the brave merger.

So Avi or no Avi, she was going away? Damn, brother. Considering how dire the situation was, the Brave Group deal actually kinda sorta benefits her

Back
Top Bottom