Question Best tool to download from instagram?

Hashball

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 11, 2022
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
instaloader require code knowledge these are cool but for simple people like me even the slightest coding makes this unattainable.
update: I've used Jdownloader & successfully downloaded 2 profiles. one of them was with 1500 pictures.
you have to type in your instagram username & password inside the app in order for it to work
setting->account manager->add and the choose instagram & fill your username and password. it works!
don't know about bans. i usually download 2-3 profiles a day just not to risk it

Hashball

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 11, 2022
Please, Log in or Register to view quotes

from my own experience things tend to reset after 24hrs BUT... if you downloaded near your limit let's say the limit is 2500 & you downloaded 2300, you may get the "unusual activity" much sooner than 2500 the next day. if you continue to download after that unusual activity warning, the path to getting blocked is greatly reduced so there is also a factor of how much you abuse your privilege to download without consequences. This is why i try to login to my account after a bulk download to see if it triggered anything. Sometimes i just download small profiles & get that warning so it may be because things i did in the last 48 hrs. Getting a "clean slate" is a good place to start if You are trying to find a balance when the rules are not clear. You have to test the waters yourself & risking a block which will be temporary the first & probably second time.

It's quite funny but you may think of it like a thief breaking in & taking stuff from am apartment. If you take too much stuff someone may see you loading all that stuff. If you take fewer things but stay there for too long coming back & forth you may also get caught. If you come there the next day you greatly increase to chances of getting caught.
Instagram has pretty smart web developers so it's not that simple to find the sweet spot.
my methodology went like this...
I personally started with downloading big profiles. I know for a FACT you won't get to 5000 images\videos in a single session without getting flagged as i tried to download a profile with 5400 several times & never achieved it.
This is also bandwidth dependent , getting as much as you can as fast as you can will net you the highest "yield"
so first figure out roughly how much you can download in a single hit (you will get notified that downloads has stopped working)
then wait idealy for 48hrs dial it back & try again. you will find the limit this way & for you it may be diffferent from me, this is why you need to test it yourself.
get a number you know is safe to download for 48 hrs.
Take that number & try again with 24 hrs delay.
you also need to see the size of the downloads since some profiles are more video heavy.
let's say you came up with 1200 files & 600mb the next thing is to try again the next day & if you are not getting the unusual activity warning then you have found that limit.

If you don't want to bother with all the above you can just choose profiles download them one after the other until downloads stops. then wait 24-48 try to login to with the steps required to activate the account again. wait another 24-48 hrs so you won't get instantly banned again then bulk download again until getting blocked. If you do 2 serious violations within 24 hrs then you may risk losing the account or getting banned for more than 48 hrs.

Single posts change the rules because it's harder to check for "rules" that way. also it's alot of work that way & missing the point. you may aswell use web based solutions.

the thing is that you are risking it even by downloading single posts because you will eventually get noticed, there will be a limit to that also which i did not check so in this case you have to figure it out yourself. for me i prefer to download 1-3 profiles every 24-48 dependent on warrning , amount of content (above or below 1gb) , the amount of time it took to download them. trying not to exceed 2500 files unless i'm willing to take that 24 block.

Annihilus

Send the Horde
Mar 12, 2022
Not a profile scraper nor an add on, but Igram works 90% of the time unless the person has several (20+) stories per that day, where it'll give an error.

Always works for posts though, so long as you copied the link. It gives multiple Quality options.

Please, Log in or Register to see links and images

Posting the link to one Story will display all their Stories for the day. Posting a link to a multi-picture/vid Post will have all of those pictures/videos displayed for download.

Last edited:

Dalton2250

Tier 1 Sub
Jul 12, 2022
I personally recommend WFDownloader -

It's only a little bit of hassle to set up but I've had 100% success so far downloading all videos from profiles I follow..

If anyone tries it and has any questions feel free. I'm happy to help.

Reactions: yotar

Beakwood

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 11, 2022
T
Please, Log in or Register to view quotes
I do believe this may be true. My main account where I did follow many accounts, but, I did have less than 5 posts on the account. It got banned. I also interacted with others DM's and comment on posts. It probably looks too suspicious to IG with low followers and high following account. Yes, They want a selfie with photo of me holding with my username. I'm not doing all that. Because it's going to be a matter of time when they're going to ask for your ID. They did with a temp account I have. So I'm not about to jump through hoops and bend over backwards to appeal their decision to already ban my account. I did have some private accounts that I can probably get back due to interacting with them via DM, but others I followed might be a lost cause. They are really trying to make the platform more business/corporate oriented. The social aspect that it once was is becoming more and more a hindsight every 6 months.

Quite honestly, I don't even be wanting to archive IG like that anymore with how restrictive it's been. Plus, many 'models' been using alternative platforms anyway. But, I will add, I do see many stories/lives are where they be posting the "good" stuff.

rolex4984

Tier 1 Sub
Nov 1, 2022
If you don't want to use extensions/3rd party sites you can always use your browsers developer tool (press F12) and go to "Network" -> sort by "Img" -> refresh page. Double click on the photo in the list to open it in a new tab.

Reactions: Galtrans and baley3

pirata de culiacan

Tier 1 Sub
Mar 12, 2022
I use this extencion for bluk downloading:

These extensions rarely cause me ban problems but if you use them sparingly you can avoid it.
They have some disadvantages such as sometimes they can't download a certain number of images (perhaps because of the size of the .zip file) or sometimes they stop updating when they're outdated.
Usually there are some similar ones when one stops working but this is the one that currently works best.
A disadvantage of this is that it downloads absolutely everything since there have been others that gave you the option to download between a period of images that you chose or the option to download only images or only videos.
For example, the extension I used before that was this but now is obsole since instagram interface change and deveploper don't update

and before this there were others but they became obsolete, they were eliminated or their options changed.
There are also some that you can download but not as efficient as the ones I already said where they only analyze the page and give you the option to download any image they find, like this one

In conclusion, look for trusted tools and use them sparingly.

• GigaChad
Reactions: tapakchan

Beakwood

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 11, 2022

affe23

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 11, 2022
What do you guys use on PC to record ongoing instagram lives? I have tried a couple of HLS extensions but have not found anything that works seamless without any quality loss etc.

anakryodd

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 11, 2022
JDownloader has not worked for me. I either get my account blocked or the program just won't accept my password.
I've been using
now without issues

Reactions: nobody5