Question Ways to Rip all posts of an Instagram account in source quality

morgo690

Tier 2 Sub
Jan 23, 2023
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
Are there any tools or downloaders that can help me download all the content of an Instagram profile?

coolrepair1727

Tier 2 Sub
Dec 25, 2022
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
Hi, I have been wandering about this thing for a long time. I later realised that most of the tools don't work since the recent change in Insta API. So, I tried to figure this out by myself. I do did some work on react during my college days on which the insta is based on. You will be amazed to realise that all of the insta related data that is fetched by browser and displayed, is actually stored in the browser itself. Only You have to figure it out where it is stored. I did this activity by myself and Wooooaa, I was able to rip everything related to post, reels, stories in original quality.

Note : I do not find these methods mentioned anywhere and i figured out that if i wanna share it on some plateform it had to be THE SIMPCITY first. So, this is my tribute to the website.

If you know how to run a script in Browser console whether it is Mozilla / Chrome, then it is okay. For begineers this post is only about running script in browser console. It does not deal with android application of instagram. I am running this on Linux OS but I think it will work on Windows and MacOS also.

> First go to insta profile of the one you want to extract data. Let's say it is
Please, Log in or Register to see links and images
. Scroll to the bottom till whole post is loaded. Because when entire post is displayed in browser then its data must had been fetched by the browser. Then only you can rip all the post.

Warning : Do not use a script or something that automatically scroll down to the bottom after sometime. Instagram will detect your automated scroll and your account will be locked. I myself got locked multiple times. If there is any other method to avoid getting locked let me know.

Come on, this is a little bit of effort that you have to do this. There is an underlying motivation of doing this in the absent of any good scraping tools.

> Open the chrome devtool or firefox devtool. You might use the CTRL + Shift + I on Linux.

> go to console tab in devtool and paste the following script and press ENTER.

INSTAGRAM POST

JavaScript:
Please, Log in or Register to view codes content!

After this the Media content URLs will be copied to your clipboard. Open a text editor and paste from clipboard (CTRL + v) . The copied data is in JSON format. If you know how to use this JSON object to get the file in nodejs or any other language. You are welcomed to go ahead. I will be using wget in Linux, which is a python script but we need to first convert this into text format.

Let's say you saved the JSON file with name "URLs.txt".

Save the below script named "myscript".
Bash:
make it executable using
Bash:

If you saved the JSON file with name "URLs.txt" then open the terminal and run
Bash:

This code will modifiy the file into text format, which is easier to deal with wget.

Now go to the location where URLs.txt is located. If you have not installed wget. Do install it before proceeding further.
In Linux you can install wget using
Bash:
After installation, run
Bash:
The files will start downloading in the same directory.

The post became long. For reels and stories, Only the main script needs to be changed. That's it. I will describe about it in another post.

Leave a like if it helps and let me know if there is any problem you guys are facing.