Question Best tool to download from instagram?

Obicase

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 16, 2022
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
Please, Log in or Register to view quotes
I know you can put the cookies directly in the config file, but the point of putting the cookies in the command line is that you can have multiple intagram accounts with a different cookies files for each. I probably should have mentioned that.

For example, I have three instagram accounts, and depending on whether or not I'm following a private account with one or not, I'll use a different cookies file, and I find that having multiple config files or going in the config file to change it is more tedious than just different command lines. It also lets me rotate between the three accounts to download every day so it's even less likely that instagram notices suspicious activity.

Could you share what your config looks like for instagram or what modifications you made for it, generally ? I've been looking to optimize mine further but thought I exhausted the possible options for the instagram extractor.

Holla33

Superfan
Mar 11, 2022
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
Please, Log in or Register to view quotes
Ah yes ok i see, make sense in your case.

For me my config is short but since i use 1 account, i have the cookie in it:

"instagram": { "include": ["posts", "reels"], "sleep-request": [9.0, 13.0], "sleep": [1.0, 2.0], "videos": true, "api": "rest", "filename": "{date:%Y.%m.%d} - {username} - {shortcode}.{extension}", "cookies": "([I]cookie path file here)[/I]" },
I've added the sleep and sleep request a few months ago because i use my account on Mullvad Browser sometimes now and let's say Insta didn't liked that lol so yeah that's why and the line API is to download high resolution media other than that that's all, the program will automatically create a folder with the name of the account you've put and i don't bother seperate pics and vids so it's all in the same folder which has the filename i've put.

Also fun fact if you don't put shortcode in the filename and just put the date and/or name the program will skip every other pics/vids no matter if you put Skip on false but yeah Insta extractor imo is kinda boring compared to pixiv or Reddit or twitter where you can go crazy