Question Best tool to download from instagram?

Cockflesh Golem

Ophélie Bau's Human Seat
Mar 11, 2022
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
So as someone who's been using JDownloader for ages but has gotten SO sick of all the account blocking nonsense, is there any way to reliably avoid it? Is there any reason or rhyme to the blocking that people have picked up beyond "don't download heaps of stuff" where the heaps is left undefined? Would, say, using it in conjunction with another program (like StorySaver which seems to download the files in the same quality as JDownloader does) and only getting individual pics/vids/reels/posts with JDownloader make enough of a difference if you're tending to download fewer than ten posts a day if you download anything? Does frequently changing the login cookies make a difference? I'm so fucking sick of all the shit but the alternatives come with significant trade-offs (lower quality, difficulties with posts with multiple pics/vids, private accounts, etc.) and as a result don't seem much better.

Reactions: Bolather

Hashball

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 11, 2022
My suggestion for you is to stop downloading for 48 hrs. Log into your account to see that it works without limits.
Then download & count the number of files videos/pictures you have downloaded exclude the txt files.
I would suggest to start off small.
Repeat the process until you get blocked
It’s important to download in a small time frame , don’t download & wait for a couple of hrs then download again. This way you would know the limit for your normal process of downloading.
Wait 48 hrs & repeat.
This way you would have rough idea of how much downloading will get you blocked.
It is also depends of the length of video / overall size of files downloaded.
As a rule of thumb downloading 2500 images or more will probably get you blocked.
Work your way up & find the sweet spot.
You can also look at the overall mb’s downloaded.
Personally i would limit myself to 3 profiles
Or 1500 files
If it’s only one profile i would even try 2300
When downloading single posts the rules change & i don’t recommend doing that with jdownloader because i feel it will lead you to a ban much faster than reasonable bulk download.

Reactions: Cockflesh Golem

poemfrizzy

Gym bitches and Boutine LA babes
Dec 21, 2022
While it might be a slow method, its worked for me.
I have been doing CTRL + I using Firefox (unsure of how other browsers are) this was fine for videos until recently

Reactions: mark0pollo

tentman

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 12, 2022
Anyone else getting redirected to captcha for suspicious activity?? has happened more than 10 times today. I am not even doing anything. no comment, no like, no posts. just saving content.

edit:cleaned all browsing data. its working fine now.

Last edited:
Reactions: nicktheprick

FilthDoggerMARK3

FilthDogger
Mar 12, 2022
windows 10 pc

Is anything working as a mass downloader with insta ?
I ve tried almost all of the stuff listed here and nothing works for me.
Every guide and video is out of date it seems...and there are so many scams!

I tried online site options which just wont load more than a few pics before getting blocked or are scams or just dont work. And as an added bonus every time I make a concerted effort insta disables my account for 10-30 mins but no ban yet.

Ive tried the chrome and FF extensions which just wont work
and simple mass downloader (not working )
and stomgram4k (internal api error? no log in)
and wfd (mobile only)
and jdownloader (blocked for me)
and instagram downloader github (couldnt get wokring)
and iinstander (not pc)
so im reduced to using instagram downloader webpage and doing each photo by hand and it keeps making me find the cross roads and chimney and bike lol

- Is there a program or extension which works right now pls which I can try and you can provide some basic help to install and use...as that seems to be where things go wrong haha
- And if not an automated program then how about a clone site which just allows you to double click save each image so i could manually get it all but way faster than using ID for each photo.

I only want 1 account...not 1000s... lol Any help appreciated...

Last edited:
Reactions: morgo690

Beakwood

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 11, 2022
Please, Log in or Register to view quotes
Okay so I finally got around with playing with pyinstalive, and I got it working. But, I'm using old app/script and .ini file for it to work. I also changed the "api.py" file in the pyinstalive module. I came across someone mentioning that it only works for 3 hours before having to re-run the script again. But, I haven't tried it for that long. Good to know I got something working for the meantime.

Please, Log in or Register to see links and images

• wowers
Reactions: Theytime

Obicase

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 16, 2022
Yo guys. I have been using gallery-dl with a instagram-cookies.txt files for about 6 months to download hundreds of files a day (sometimes thousands in one day when downloading new accounts) without any issues.

But in the past two days, two of my accounts got banned, including my main one where I was following thousands of accounts, a lot of them private.

It seems like instagram is rolling a ban wave on accounts that follow a lot but don't have a lot of followers, because my two other accounts, on which I have posts and followers, didn't get hit.

Another poster on this forum had the same thing happen to them. They ask for a selfie, and even if you send it, they ban you and you can't appeal.

Did anyone else get banned recently ? Was it on accounts where you did not have a lot of followers or did that not matter ?

Reactions: azzblaster

Recordking

Tier 3 Sub
Apr 5, 2023

I got banned like 4 months ago for download pictures from like 10 accounts quickly now I can not recover my account and I have tried like 5 to 8 times with no luck. Like 4 or 5 years I downloaded 100gb worth of images in 3 to 5 hrs without getting band IMO now just download images from 2 or 3 account a day any more and you will get banned and you will never be able to recover your account.

Reactions: Hailinc Steinloud

Hashball

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 11, 2022
all the addons stops working after a while
they don't download at full quality of the pictures
some only download videos or pictures but without stories
any1 knows of a tool that works?

it's funny that onlyfans is so easy to download and instagram changes it's code all the time to stop downloading

Hashball

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 11, 2022
Thank you kind sir.
does it leads to account bans? do you know of some limits?
I used mass downloaders before & after 200 pic\videos downloads stopped & my account got banned
is there a way to counter this? can this app prevent these kind of stuff?