MEMORIAL DAY - JOIN BRAZZERS FOR FREE - CLICK HERE!
Discussion - Twitch Korea shutting down | Page 5 | SimpCity Forums

Discussion Twitch Korea shutting down

wagnerjokes

Fan
May 3, 2022
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
Please, Log in or Register to view quotes
19+ won't be available for just the beta. They mentioned that people can drink, smoke, and play violent games if they turn on the age settings after beta, but nothing about yeocams. The payment method isn't the only thing that's going to prevent foreigners from using Chzzk. The site is barely usable for me in the US. Streams keep buffering every few seconds. If their servers can't handle a potential max of 100 streamers, it's going to be awful once they open up to everyone. I just opened up an afreeca stream and it's working perfectly in comparison. Seems like game streamers are testing out both afreeca and chzzk to see which one works better. As far as I know, Naver does not have any Western headquarters. afreeca works well for me mostly because they have a US headquarters with servers that operate global afreeca

wagnerjokes

Fan
May 3, 2022
really? never used toonation or twip. I'm able to buy balloons on Afreecatv using PayPal, the extra fees for foreigners suck though. Now that you mentioned toonation and twip. Twitch should have banned all third party apps in korea instead of shutting down twitch korea, koreans only used that to donate on Twitch and it completely cut out Twitch's profit. If Afreeca allowed those apps, they would be out of business so fast as the majority of their revenues comes from balloons.

Reactions: myownfairlady

xestry

Bathwater Drinker
Aug 1, 2022
I saw one streamer suggest she might do Afreeca for yeocam, and then the Naver platform for playing games. Is that a thing they can do to get around Naver's potentially strict ToS if they still want to do dancing?

BigBeef90

Tier 2 Sub
Mar 26, 2022
it has a bad image because straight forward they host gongbang events where the platform invites streamers and they host it and you can tell most of the streamers they invite are either thugs or people that broke the law and caused problems in the entertainment industry and are making money off steraming hell even the CBO fucked up when he got drunk and starting spewing nonsense about chzzk and shit

BigBeef90

Tier 2 Sub
Mar 26, 2022
their image is based on public opinion afreeca has change alot compared to the past however that doesnt change the fact that there are thugs that stream on the platform and people that broke the law which is why alot of game streamers say that if a company approaches them to work on an add or sponsor them they drop them if the hear they're on afreeca. afreeca changing to soop and adding new regulations and updates are really beneifical for them from now on however their iamge cannot be reversed

wagnerjokes

Fan
May 3, 2022
Their image is definitely changing for the better, started when they signed T1 and Faker and then Chovy and GenG away from Twitch to play LoL on Afreeca exlusively. Last night Calm Man streamed on Afreeca for the first time since 2015, and he's deciding on either Chzzk or Afreeca. The fact that a huge game streamer like Calm Man is even considering Afreeca is noteworthy because after his departure from Afreeca to Twitch in 2015, he vowed to never stream on Afreeca again because of the culture and atmosphere.

Wolfee

Fan
Mar 12, 2022

Yeah. For a foreign noob, it's as simple as linking your Twitch and at least the buy cash/donate button is bolded unlike Afreecatv.

You know it's funny, a lot of the Korean streamers was bitching about the same thing. They placed some blame on the Korean viewers. "Korean viewers don't sub or use bits!!!". But that falls on whoever that was running Twitch Korea. Every couple of months, Twitch APAC would organize events where the streamers can unlock prizes by how much their community cheer bits or gift subs. I could be wrong here but I've never recalled Twitch Korea organizing any those activities.

Dutchy420

Bathwater Drinker
Apr 8, 2022
Just discovered this thread and I can only say that I am devastated over this news.. I knew about it, but it will go down as a black day in streaming history for me... I'm gonna miss these Korean streamers on Twitch... sure they'll go other platform but most of them will be unaccessable to foreigners or places like Afreeca where no one speaks English... its sad...

xestry

Bathwater Drinker
Aug 1, 2022
Yes a lot of them have already made the jump over to afreeca, Twitch already feels a lot less Korean to me! I also am not a fan of using afreeca for a few reasons, but maybe it will improve with the influx of viewers/streamers they're going to get. I'm sure some of the KR streamers will stick around on Twitch until the end, because with some of the bigger names gone, it will probably help the smaller KR streamers that stay on Twitch get more popularity before it finally finishes.

I do have mixed feelings about the whole thing though, I mean part of me is just annoyed at how archaic Twitch Korea have been at imposing the ToS on the female Twitch streamers and it was getting to the point where a lot of them were scared of doing a lot of stuff anyway, so maybe we end up getting better content with them going elsewhere (even if it's a bit harder to access).