Discussion Twitch Korea shutting down

xestry

Bathwater Drinker
Aug 1, 2022
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
I hope there is a way to keep the KR streamers on Twitch then even after the Feb deadline. Maybe they will figure out something. And then we can get some Afreeca girls coming over too if it's an easy solution :pikaOMG:

Booty Hunter 28

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 14, 2022
Please, Log in or Register to view quotes
She will be pissed when she wakes up, she had the ToS memorized & was always scared

Yeah those sponsored cosplay & halloween and christmas stream outfits always get nerfed by the ToS shorts

Apparently this is the leaked Naver ToS that some Korean streamer posted

Please, Log in or Register to see links and images

Maybe there is some hope for Naver after all, if this is accurate it seems very similar to the changes Twitch is making & looks identical to 2022 Twitch's sexual content draft
, but nothing about dancing or songs yet

wagnerjokes

Fan
May 3, 2022
I love for that to be true, but I highly doubt that it is. Body paint with patches is allowed? Naver needs to go from an extremely conservative platform that censored stockings, female body parts, and alcohol in webtoons in 2020, to a much less conservative company. I highly suspect that they just copied and pasted the TOS from Twitch and hence why they took it down on the site to modify it after people leaked it.

Oh and why mention sports gambling, when gambling is illegal in Korea.

And it looks like that leak was posted on the 8th. If that leak had any credibility people would have shared it everywhere on Korean streaming messageboards, but all I see instead is people still wondering what the guidelines are. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
Reactions: Booty Hunter 28

wagnerjokes

Fan
May 3, 2022
agreed, we will see. If true this would be more provocative than afreeca. The only thing that I have heard and trust is what Twitch streamer Saddummy said since she directly met with Naver people about going to stream there. Saddummy asked Naver what they would do with yeocams and the response she got did not help build any confidence.

"I asked what happens to the female cams, and I heard that they don't meet separately. First of all, they only meet game streamers. What's certain is that it won't be as good as an Afreeca female cam."

Oh and I'm pretty sure Sooflower herself said that if she moved to naver, she would do less dancing streams and more gaming streams. Might be an indication on where Naver is leaning.

wagnerjokes

Fan
May 3, 2022
Why not just watch on afreeca, or use streamlink to record, or wait for people to upload recordings haha? Seems like a much simpler solution than hoping to find a loophole that's probably not even worth it for Korean streamers with a mainly Korean audience.

xestry

Bathwater Drinker
Aug 1, 2022
Yep I do, I just prefer Twitch and would rather have a 'one stop shop' for everything than have it spread across multiple different sites where possible. I also think if Afreeca streamers knew they could do exactly the same content on Twitch, a lot would move over there since there are loads more international viewers on Twitch, so more potential for them to make even more money.

Reactions: Booty Hunter 28

Booty Hunter 28

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 14, 2022
Afreeca viewers mostly love the content from what I've seen and girls do more then Twitch there and off stream, however when a crazy mod bans you, you can't watch the stream and oilers have more power in chat then Twitch. Afreeca also developed a bad reputation in Korea because of corrupt staff, sex scandals with big streamers & romance scams. That's why soo many girls made the jump to Twitch in the 2018 to 2020 time period.

BigBeef90

Tier 2 Sub
Mar 26, 2022
it really depends though because the problem with afreeca streamers is that they have the work mentality of collaborating alot but twitch streamers do not and its simply because they have youtube channels. majority of afreeca streamers dont have youtube or their youtube is essentially dead because their content cannot bring in viewers because the audience cannot keep up with the story since they would have to watch from the very beginning or gain info on how those two collabed and what their history is to understand their humor