EXCLUSIVE OFFER - WATCH CAMSODA GIRLS LIVE FOR FREE!!! - CLICK HERE
  • We have blocked access to our website from TOR nodes and a datacenter in France (some VPN connections to the country might be faulty) due to abusive behaviour. If things quiet down - they'll be enabled again in a few days/weeks.

Discussion General Vtuber Discussions

Hey all, I'm pretty new to vtuber stuff (watched a Bricky video, and now I follow vshojo girls), and was wondering if anyone could fill me on some things, since apparently it's rude to ask questions about stuff on twitch.

So I accidentally figured out that maid mint was also something called pomu? But like...she quit, and everyone acts like her old employer was the devil? And Matara worked at the same place, and she had to start therapy because of it? What the hell kind of vtuber sweatshop were they working in?! Why is everything so hush hush? There's a weird amount of rules you have to follow when interacting in this community, along with lore, and NONE of it is explained.

Also, how the hell is Zen so popular? Like, she can be funny, but the 20 seconds of silence between her TTS responses are just so awkward, I have no idea how she's one of bigger people in her stable.

Thanks for your time.
Basically the TL;DR of it all is that Maid Mint previously left (graduated) her old Vtuber persona because she joined Nijisanji's EN branch (of ANYCOLOR Inc) as Pomu Rainpuff when they first debuted in May 2021.

What has come to light about the management of Nijisanji EN is that they're VERY incompetent and seem to play favoritism to only certain members. For Maid Mint's (As Pomu's) case they denied permissions for her to do a 3D-Live for her own Birthday Stream when they already had the necessary set-up to do it, (Since NijiFes of Aug 2022) as well as denied her a "once in a lifetime" opportunity for her that she's wanted but can't do because of her contract to ANYCOLOR. (Confirmed from a members stream that she un-privated after she left Nijisanji EN)

This along with the graduation/termination of other members in Nijisanji EN such as Nina Kosaka (now Matara Kan) and Selen Tatsuki (now Dokibird) all culminated in her choosing to graduate from Nijisanji EN (Jan 2024) and stay quiet for a while before coming back as her previous persona Maid Mint again. (Apr 2024)

Since becoming indie again Matara's rekindled their relationship together along with Mint reaching out to Dokibird again after her own incident with Nijisanji EN. (Dokibird's situation is even more complicated and messed up that it would take a lot more explaining to do)

Basically the TL;DR of it all is that Maid Mint previously left (graduated) her old Vtuber persona because she joined Nijisanji's EN branch (of ANYCOLOR Inc) as Pomu Rainpuff when they first debuted in May 2021.

What has come to light about the management of Nijisanji EN is that they're VERY incompetent and seem to play favoritism to only certain members. For Maid Mint's (As Pomu's) case they denied permissions for her to do a 3D-Live for her own Birthday Stream when they already had the necessary set-up to do it, (Since NijiFes of Aug 2022) as well as denied her a "once in a lifetime" opportunity for her that she's wanted but can't do because of her contract to ANYCOLOR. (Confirmed from a members stream that she un-privated after she left Nijisanji EN)

This along with the graduation/termination of other members in Nijisanji EN such as Nina Kosaka (now Matara Kan) and Selen Tatsuki (now Dokibird) all culminated in her choosing to graduate from Nijisanji EN (Jan 2024) and stay quiet for a while before coming back as her previous persona Maid Mint again. (Apr 2024)

Since becoming indie again Matara's rekindled their relationship together along with Mint reaching out to Dokibird again after her own incident with Nijisanji EN. (Dokibird's situation is even more complicated and messed up that it would take a lot more explaining to do)
I did catch the doki's wrestling thing on youtube. Everyone was yelling "WE'RE SO BACK" and I was so lost, with what the hell was going on. It's so weird that vtubers take the Voldemort approach to things, and just refuse to name what they are talking about.

Hey all, I'm pretty new to vtuber stuff (watched a Bricky video, and now I follow vshojo girls), and was wondering if anyone could fill me on some things, since apparently it's rude to ask questions about stuff on twitch.

So I accidentally figured out that maid mint was also something called pomu? But like...she quit, and everyone acts like her old employer was the devil? And Matara worked at the same place, and she had to start therapy because of it? What the hell kind of vtuber sweatshop were they working in?! Why is everything so hush hush? There's a weird amount of rules you have to follow when interacting in this community, along with lore, and NONE of it is explained.

Also, how the hell is Zen so popular? Like, she can be funny, but the 20 seconds of silence between her TTS responses are just so awkward, I have no idea how she's one of bigger people in her stable.

Thanks for your time.
Mint and Matara used to work for Nijisanji. Nijisanji is widely regarded as a shit company, mostly for being an incredibly toxic workplace. Even driving one former member (Dokibird) to attempt suicide TWICE. Everything is hush hush for a couple of reasons. Generally speaking, you aren't supposed to bring up a vtuber's past identity. Some people just want to keep things private, some people are very lore focused and having a previous identity could ruin that. In Mint and Matara's case, they may be under an NDA as those are very common in the corporate vtuber world. They could also just not wish to talk about it because, as I said earlier, Nijisanji is incredibly toxic and they don't want to be reminded of their time there. So basically, a vtuber is who they are currently, and should be treated as such even if you know of their PL. At least in the general vtuber community, things are different here, but this is a leak forum.

As for why Zen is so popular... boobs, I guess? I don't know. I never really liked Zen. Different strokes for different folks. Don't like a vtuber? Just move on. There are thousands more and you're bound to like one of them. Read through this very thread and you'll see pleanty of solid vtubers to watch.

cover is so good at background checks they gonna know youre here and be like, "hmmmmm"

sidebar and kind of related:

fillian is a surpsingly good dancer. dare i say, probably the best vtuber dancer. imagine she could do if she had cover's technology

Bae/Hakos Baelz from HoloEN is also a very good dancer. Her solo stuff during the 3d concerts was quite good. (THough I think it is all paywalled.) I believe she did some professional dancing or something like that iirc.

Thanks for your time.
A lot of the time people treat talking about a vtuber's past identities similarly to doxxing somebody. So you usually don't see them mentioned unless it's something like a fan of a vtuber who graduated/quit asking if they showed up somewhere under a new identity. It doesn't help that often peoples' security as far as personal info is much less stringent when they are indies compared to joining a corpo, so if you do find an old identity it might have links to info the vtuber doesn't really want around anymore.

if ya'll are trying to be holostars, the male vtubing sphere is in dire need of a good dancer. theres a total of zero male dancers in not only hololive but in vtubing.

if ya'll are trying to be holostars, the male vtubing sphere is in dire need of a good dancer. theres a total of zero male dancers in not only hololive but in vtubing.
Finally, my years of Cheer dancing during highschool will finally pay off.
I can barely think of my own dance moves but I can dance when directed plus with practice

No fucking way you did cheer dancing too lmao
Small world eh, brother?
Yeah it's sort of a requirement to do for any non-athletes during Intramurals. It's actually really fun until the lifting and launching part where everybody's heart is racing and fucking up can lead to SEVERE consequences.

There's this guy, NoLogicDavid, I used to watch him a bit back when vrchat was super popular, he was like a pro dancer. Dunno if he's still making stuff but if he is then someone should tell him to apply.

You think she regrets what she did?

The vibe I get from her is that she misses her old success, but not her former fans who made that success possible. She simultaneously craves the GFE whale money but hates GFE whales. "Why can't I be successful without having to roleplay as a spicy loli gf? Why can't I just stream Tarkov and Valorant and have people shower me with $100 superchats out of the goodness of their hearts?"

She's thanking the people that 'stuck by her', but there aren't a whole lot of those. First she was a military FPS shooter type streamer (Rye) and the token female groupie to a group of gravy seal gun nuts (that she had met while still underage) that would take her out to firing ranges and gun conventions and who knows what else in the hotel rooms afterwards. Then she decided to become a ghost loli and do hard GFE (Yuko), which created a huge rift between her and her former fans/groomers who felt possessive of her as the one girl their entire strange 'organization' orbited around.

Then, as Yuko, she leaned hard into GFE and spicy loli content, making tons more money than ever before, only to abruptly vanish and then reappear having restarted her friendships with her Rye fans and canceled the GFE and spicy content as Yuko - so, for a second time, she told her biggest supporters to fuck off. Her ploy to do both Yuko and Rye failed, and now she's back as Rye and road-tripping around with her gun daddies once more.

Funny thing is, she's currently on semi-hiatus pending a redebut in a couple months, and she's already said her model will look different and her content won't be the typical Rye online shooter stuff anymore. I predict she'll just be a green palette swap of Yuko, doing Yuko's old SFW content, without any of the NSFW or GFE stuff, and still being her friend group's central fuckpuppet.

The vibe I get from her is that she misses her old success, but not her former fans who made that success possible. She simultaneously craves the GFE whale money but hates GFE whales. "Why can't I be successful without having to roleplay as a spicy loli gf? Why can't I just stream Tarkov and Valorant and have people shower me with $100 superchats out of the goodness of their hearts?"

She's thanking the people that 'stuck by her', but there aren't a whole lot of those. First she was a military FPS shooter type streamer (Rye) and the token female groupie to a group of gravy seal gun nuts (that she had met while still underage) that would take her out to firing ranges and gun conventions and who knows what else in the hotel rooms afterwards. Then she decided to become a ghost loli and do hard GFE (Yuko), which created a huge rift between her and her former fans/groomers who felt possessive of her as the one girl their entire strange 'organization' orbited around.

Then, as Yuko, she leaned hard into GFE and spicy loli content, making tons more money than ever before, only to abruptly vanish and then reappear having restarted her friendships with her Rye fans and canceled the GFE and spicy content as Yuko - so, for a second time, she told her biggest supporters to fuck off. Her ploy to do both Yuko and Rye failed, and now she's back as Rye and road-tripping around with her gun daddies once more.

Funny thing is, she's currently on semi-hiatus pending a redebut in a couple months, and she's already said her model will look different and her content won't be the typical Rye online shooter stuff anymore. I predict she'll just be a green palette swap of Yuko, doing Yuko's old SFW content, without any of the NSFW or GFE stuff, and still being her friend group's central fuckpuppet.
I couldn't have summerized it better.

The thing about Rye/Yuko is, she's absurdly entitled. She does things in a self-serving and self-justifying way and just expects people to stick with her no matter the situation. She has absolutely no concept of deserving OR worthyness, she just thinks she should have things and people should just accept it. Her plans fail basically because she doesn't give a fuck about whoever is giving her money or attention, so long she's getting both and people stick to her.

I mean, we already knew for ages that streaming in general attracted the narcissistic and histrionic types, but the indie and low corpo vtuber scene has so many of them it's somewhat alarming.

Back
Top Bottom