Tools Cyberdrop-DL: Mass Downloader for most forum sites and SimpCity threads

BenditlikeBender

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 11, 2022
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
I am confused. I guess I got some catching up to do this morning. I don't like the new set up, maybe once I get used to it but I miss the simplicity of editing the url file and pressing start.
The documentation doesn't seem to be very fleshed out, but I just got into it.
EDIT: It isn't that bad. Change is always hard, especially on an old fart like me. Looking forward to the updated version!

Last edited:
Reactions: DoofusMan

muad_dib

Bathwater Drinker
Jan 16, 2023
What is Download versus Download (all configs) what does that mean?
I just configured it, download the way I just configured it !!!
Download is that the one I have just configured or default (non configured) and is download (all configs) mean in all my configurations/files included or all the possible configurations on but not just MY current configurations - dont give me two options, just the one DOWNLOAD please, it should automatically include my current configurations, theres a reason I configured it - and why do I need more than one config file?

Please, Log in or Register to see links and images

No matter how I try to configure the ddos guard (auto/manual) I get 403 errors (forbidden) on bunkrr.su

Can't copy paste URL notepad location to cmd window
For some reason I can't change the download folder back to the v4 folder, no obvious way so now it's stuck where I don't want it.

Reactions: SasukeUchiha49

olsaltee

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 16, 2022
Im figuring things out slowly along with many others, while learning this knew way I am trying to figure out certain things. I store Cyberdrop on each of the external drives I pull files to. So why does the config file after importing from V.4 continue to pull from the Config file is creates in the C: drive. I delete this folder and adjusted the settings.yaml file to show the external download and input files as well as the log folder but each time the program starts from the external it no longer sees the external config file and defaults back to the C: drive. Is this on cyberdrops side or possibly python?

I figured it out

Last edited:

errananna

Bathwater Drinker
Jun 24, 2023
So instead of it pulling URLs from URLS.txt in the same directory as startwindows.bat, it is pulling the URLs from C:\Users\profilename\AppData\Local\Cyberdrop-DL\Cyberdrop-DL\Configs\Default\URLS.txt

Changing such functionality without it being very clear what is changing, and what users need to do to work around it is... bad practice. For something that 'just works' then needs to be reconfigured, that's not a fun time..

hanasimp

Tier 1 Sub
Mar 12, 2022
Hello, i tried to download as usual, but this time my cmd didnt do anything with the new UI? anyone know why?

tvvovv

Tier 1 Sub
Mar 15, 2022
The FAQ has a command to use V4:

In the start file change the pip install --upgrade cyberdrop-dl line to read pip install cyberdrop-dl==4.2.231

Also, IDK if you have already done it but downloading the new V5 zip file and running the BAT inside creates a new set of folders, inside are the new config and URLs files. Those were not created when running the old V4 BAT file, at least in my case.

Since V4 isn't going to get updates and fixes I guess I'll have to invest some time to get used to V5 but is nice that there's a V4 fallback.

edit: Cyberdrop DL faq:
Please, Log in or Register to see links and images

Last edited:

Nahgondoit

Bathwater Drinker
Nov 8, 2022
So what's the easiest way to fall back to the previous version's functionality?

I had start menu shortcuts in windows to each of my URLs.txt, 'Start Windows.bat' and the download folder and it was beautiful.

Now, I'm pretty sure I'm too stupid to figure out what I need to do to make it work.

Reactions: SasukeUchiha49

errananna

Bathwater Drinker
Jun 24, 2023
Also looks like the 'default' download location, which was in the same directory as the start bat, got moved to the local downloads folder.

C:\Users\users\AppData\Local\Cyberdrop-DL\Cyberdrop-DL\Configs\Default\settings.yaml
You need to change the download folder from the default.

This is bloody peachy, because I had let this run for an hour or so before I noticed, and now my C is full, and now I have several duplicated files and some partial downloads...

errananna

Bathwater Drinker
Jun 24, 2023
- Where is the new urls.txt folder?
C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Cyberdrop-DL\Cyberdrop-DL\Configs\Default

- Where are my downloads?
C:\Users\username\Downloads\Cyberdrop-DL Downloads

- How can I change my downloads directory?
Edit the file located in C:\Users\users\AppData\Local\Cyberdrop-DL\Cyberdrop-DL\Configs\Default\settings.yaml
Under files, paste in the download folder you want it to download to

- How can I roll back to continue my pending downloads?
In the start windows.bat, change the first line to read
pip install cyberdrop-dl==4.2.231

These should answer most questions. As for resuming partial downloaded files, I don't know if that's going to work.
I currently have several things in some named pixeldrain folders (with the random URL on it), and the new version has started to download partial files in a folder under c\users\downloads\%archivename% (PixelDrain). It already downloaded some things which were already done.
But now that I have already downloaded a huge portion of that archive, I don't know if it is going to be smart enough to see that they were already downloaded, or if I'm going to need to spend another week downloading all this stuff again. Once I've tested some more I'll update or post again.. but really, this kind of thing shouldn't had happened... or at least it should had been a stand alone upgrade with no option to save preferences. Right now it's a mess. Let people use the old version, let it be abandoned so it'll eventually stop working. That's fine, but messing with settings like this isn't fun

Last edited:

mistychen42

Tier 1 Sub
Aug 6, 2022
Please, Log in or Register to view quotes
Thank you. I don't mind learning something new but right now I can't figure out WTF is going on with V5. I setup my own config with the locations I was using previously and it seems to work but then doesn't download anything and it seems like you can turn settings on but can't disable them. Going to just stick with V4 for a while until bugs get fixed in new one and maybe the FAQ gets updated to explain more. Seems like it should be easier but just more confused.

Reactions: lfd9249