MEMORIAL DAY - JOIN BRAZZERS FOR FREE - CLICK HERE!
Tools - Cyberdrop-DL: Mass Downloader for most forum sites and SimpCity threads | Page 203 | SimpCity Forums

Tools Cyberdrop-DL: Mass Downloader for most forum sites and SimpCity threads

errananna

Bathwater Drinker
Jun 24, 2023
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
Please, Log in or Register to see links and images

Yea, it's disregarding previous downloads and trying to start everything over. It is like it isn't even
Literally anyone who is mid-download for anything is going to need to roll back.

opening the download_history.sqlite file, it looks like running pip install cyberdrop-dl==4.2.231 in the bat successfully rolls it back and results in it picking back up where it left off
Please, Log in or Register to view quotes

No, if the app needs to be changed to continue to work with supported websites, it needs to be updated. That's a no brainer.
The issue is that the app was reset, and for all intents and purposes, reset everyone's user configurations (which includes where the URLs are stored, and where the files are downloaded to).
If the changes to the app would not be able to accommodate keeping the user settings, the it should be made very clear that the new version is not backwards compatible with previous configs and pending/partial downloads.

That's like, when Firefox updates to a newer version (we're currently on 120.0.1), through means of the automatic update process which 99% of end users just click OK on, it decides 'well, we are going to change where your bookmarks and customization are stored, so when the update is done, they aren't going to work anymore. gg
. . . . . they damn well had done this before with the UI customization a few dozen versions ago and each time it's annoying. But using the userchrome.css to mod firefox isn't really something a layman would use, but if they did something similar with bookmarks, people would be livid.

GarethFreeman

Diamond Tier
Mar 12, 2022
It probably should be opt in but it's not hard to fix. Import the download history and config, and then use the AppData folder to change the URLs.txt and Download folder back to what it was before in the settings txt file.

Last edited:
Reactions: DoofusMan

errananna

Bathwater Drinker
Jun 24, 2023
You can change the download location, but it will not resume previously paused/incomplete downloads. You need to roll back the version for that.
Use a VPN or just wait. 429 = the website telling you to slow down

Reactions: SasukeUchiha49

humanwan

Casual
Mar 11, 2022
First, thank you Jules for continuing to develop this. Even though change is hard, I've sure there's a reason for it. I keep getting "Input is not a file" whenever I try to import the old V4 database. I'm running Python 3.11.4, Cyberdrop V5.0.25 on a Mac.

*UPDATE* figured it out. User error. When you drag a file/folder into the terminal window, it adds a space at the end that invalidates the input. Just deleting the space at the end solves the issue.

Last edited:

Jules--Winnfield

Cyberdrop-DL Creator
Mar 11, 2022
Seems like people are unhappy

Pulp Fiction Burger GIF

uyuyuu

Fan
Mar 12, 2022
i wouldnt say unhappy unhappy... its just one of those things "if it works dont change it" type of shit. and people doesnt like change so... in any case shit still works on my end, its free and you still update this shit for god knows how long now. so ty. if there's one thing to complain about its the "forced" version update shit. i didnt even know what happened and no skip button lmao (i was using V4 version, the november build, so its been awhile lol)

anyways... anything else i should do other than:

>create manual folder / migrate (so its not using the \user\appdata location)

>import config file

>copy paste bat file (and edit it) so i can launch V5, cus i have no idea how to even launch it other than using the old V4 bat then doing the whole updating prompt all over again)

this is everything right?

tvvovv

Tier 1 Sub
Mar 15, 2022
I think some sort of Y/N prompt with a disclaimer before the update runs would have been very welcomed.
It just caught me off guard although I can't say that I check the thread regularly even if it pops up in my notifications :ddHuh:

Last edited:
Reactions: DoofusMan

Waynetube

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 12, 2022
The program should write all config and folders in the same folder where the start.bat is otherwise its a bit confusing.Thx for the update.

Reactions: errananna