Support Can't enter simpcity.su without VPN

• Before starting a new thread for an issue, please use the search bar to see if a topic already exists. Please ensure you include as much detail as possible when reporting any issues.

For further information about using this section: Support Guidelines
    To submit and vote on ideas for new features: Ideas and Suggestions
    For answers to our Frequently Asked Questions: FAQ
    For a guide on how to level up: Noob Guide

Lukat

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 14, 2022
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
Hello,

I can not connect to simpcity.su without using an VPN for two days now. It works even with the same country I am located but only with VPN. I have just absolutly basic knowledge about network and domains and stuff and don't know whats the problem and how to fix it.

Any hints for me?

mayum

Tier 3 Sub
Sep 13, 2022
Refugee I see what is happening now.

If I try to connect to the site from my PC the site won't load (it will keep loading until timeout) and I won't be able to connect with any other device (smartphones, etc).

But if I reset my router, get another IP, and connect only using my smartphone it will connect normally, but as soon as I try to get to the site from my PC, the site won't load anymore on any device again.

It seems the site is flagging my IP with as being some bot/ddos shit when trying to load the site from PC.

Should I open a ticket or something like that?

zulusam

Superfan
Mar 14, 2022
Since the last week or so I have not reliably been able to access the site. Was working fine previously without a VPN, now I have to shuffle through various countries with my VPN to find one that works. It's never the same country that works on a given day either. One day the Costa Rica VPN will work, next day it won't and I have to search for another that works, etc.

I know they made some changes and blocked some more IP ranges, is this just the new reality? Huge pain in the ass to spend 10 minutes shuffling my VPN connections to find one that works every time I want to access the site. Definitely leading me to use it less.

Last edited:

mayum

Tier 3 Sub
Sep 13, 2022
Please, Log in or Register to view quotes

I used to see the ddos-guard page to check the checkbox and it would allow me to use the site, now it doesn't appear anymore. On the smartphone though I can log in fine and I never saw the ddos-guard page (I don't even need VPN).

But what should I do? I can't use the site on PC (at least not without VPN). It's weird that I'm able to use the site normally on the smartphone, but as soon as I get "locked" on PC, same happens on smartphone.

Reactions: HAF222

mayum

Tier 3 Sub
Sep 13, 2022
Yes, same as above, what have been working for me so far is spoofing my user-agent, when I use a user-agent that makes the site believe I'm using Windows/Chrome, the site allow me to use the site normally.

Probably the site doesn't like my OS and probably my Firefox is resisting to some tracking and fingerprinting. So when the site thinks I'm using Windows and Chrome it makes the site chill for a bit and allow me to use the site normally, maybe you guys should try that.

(Refugee also do you have any insight on my guesses above?)

Reactions: Yncesuf1