Support Video files damaged - Can they be repaired?

• Before starting a new thread for an issue, please use the search bar to see if a topic already exists. Please ensure you include as much detail as possible when reporting any issues.

For further information about using this section: Support Guidelines
    To submit and vote on ideas for new features: Ideas and Suggestions
    For answers to our Frequently Asked Questions: FAQ
    For a guide on how to level up: Noob Guide

El Comandante

🇨🇺 ¡Hasta la victoria siempre! 🇨🇺
Mar 12, 2022
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
Maybe someone can help me out a bit. Was trying to share my Rahyndee collection (~140 GB) and noticed after uploading the first batch that all of them seem to be damaged and stop after a few seconds. This is recreatable in the built in video player of bunkr as well:

Please, Log in or Register to see links and images

No media player gives any error message when the video stops displaying sound or an image and the time in the scrub bar progresses as if nothing was wrong.

Tried repairing via VLC and untrunc, but to no avail and I am not too familiar with video code, so the logs aren't really something that help me right away.

Anyone got any idea what is wrong and can tell me if they can be repaired?

Thanks, and if someone can help me, I'll surely credit them in the dump.

Edit: The last few seconds for every video checked also work again and for longer videos also some parts in the middle are working. No idea what caused this, as other files on the external drive these videos are stored on are not affected.

Edit2: Sorry, probably the wrong sub since this isn't a question regarding simpcity.

Done, I decided to simply delete them. So if anyone still stumbles upon this and tries to help, it is appreciated, but the videos are gone.

Last edited: