MEMORIAL DAY - JOIN BRAZZERS FOR FREE - CLICK HERE!
Discussion - Twitch Korea shutting down | Page 9 | SimpCity Forums

Discussion Twitch Korea shutting down

sunbearau

Diamond Tier
Dec 30, 2023
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
I wonder how the streamers moving to afreeca will adjust their prices

Shit is so expensive on the site. Hate the meta on afreeca where they do short dances for certain amount of balloons

Reactions: myownfairlady

wagnerjokes

Fan
May 3, 2022
Please, Log in or Register to view quotes
Seems like Ninibae is the only one on there? 🤷‍♂️ And I'm pretty sure she's in America and has been in America for a while.

It only makes sense for Korean streamers who have a predominately Western audience to even try to continue on Twitch. Streamers that have a majority Korean viewers will lose all of their viewers even if they find a way to continue to stream on Twitch. A majority of the Twitch Korean female streamers fall into the second camp.

Just to add on, did some more research and like 90% sure Ninibae is involved in this and is running this/someone running this on her behalf.

Last edited:

xestry

Bathwater Drinker
Aug 1, 2022
I just noticed something actually. If you google the Principal Address on that site, guess what the first result is that comes up? A Twitter post from yuggie:

Please, Log in or Register to see links and images

Noticed it's also the exact same PO Box address that Nini uses, so yes I think original guess that she is involved in the actual creation/running of it is probably accurate!

Thinking about it, I also saw a Korean streamer the other day mention "nini's solution" when talking about ways to stay on Twitch, so it does all make sense now.

wagnerjokes

Fan
May 3, 2022
Afreeca released some news about SOOP today. Looks like it is going to be a separate site from Afreeca. Afreeca is still going to be Afreeca and Soop will be its own standalone platform that focuses on esports.

From an online article that talked to an Afreeca official "Soop is operated separately from Afreeca TV. The two platforms will be operated separately with different domains, and plans to merge the two platforms in the future have not been confirmed"

Last edited:

wagnerjokes

Fan
May 3, 2022
Here's the article talking about SOOP from yesterday.
Please, Log in or Register to see links and images
. It talks about how SOOP is going to focus on mainly esports and the South East Asia regions. It also talks about how SOOP will be a separate platform from Afreeca. Seems like Afreeca is taking the path that many Twitch people wished that Twitch took. Make a platform for non-gamers and then a separate platform for just esports.