Support Saint video embeds are blank posts

• Before starting a new thread for an issue, please use the search bar to see if a topic already exists. Please ensure you include as much detail as possible when reporting any issues.

For further information about using this section: Support Guidelines
    To submit and vote on ideas for new features: Ideas and Suggestions
    For answers to our Frequently Asked Questions: FAQ
    For a guide on how to level up: Noob Guide

sexyegirlsaccount

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 15, 2022
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
Saint video embeds on the forum aren't working for me on firefox, but it works with opera. They show up as blank posts. This happens regardless of vpn, adblock, built in browser protection settings, addons, basically anything you can disable I've tried it out.

Code:
Please, Log in or Register to view codes content!
The saint embed video player URL also failed to play videos in the past, but signing into saint seems to have fixed that at least.

Please, Log in or Register to view quotes

I'm making this thread so I check what errors are displayed in the console now (other threads have a bunch of stuff and it's too confusing to look at). I'll do it with and without the saint video embed and see whats different.

The only error is regarding a request made to
Please, Log in or Register to see links and images

Code:
On firefox it fails because of CORS Missing Allow Origin. With an addon that adds the appropriate CORS request to the header for dev purposes, it resolves to a 502 error. In both cases the saint video embed is blank.
On opera, it fails because of CORS, but the embed saint video displays properly regardless, so this is probably not the problem.

Last edited:

Refugee

Hands up
Jul 3, 2021
Please, Log in or Register to see links and images
is just analytics, don't give it attention.

so to recap what you said: going directly to saint (/embed/id) loads the video fine, but loading saint iframes from simpcity gives you issues?

sexyegirlsaccount

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 15, 2022
Yes, I think that's the issue. At this point it seems to be caused by my firefox browser, it's an old version 88 from 2021, but I'm still curious if I can fix it without updating as I have so far regretted updating firefox every single time (addons break, ui changes drastically, features and junk get added each time).

POKI

Broke Boi
Mar 8, 2022
I downloaded 88.0.1, I also couldn't see them.

Its a css issue, I changed the value of position in dev tools and it shows, not the correct size but it shows.
It doesnt like position : aboslute on the saint-iframe or position : relative on the generic2wide-iframe-div. Toggle either of those off and it shows.

I can look at changing it but I'm a bit concerned I might break it on other devices and tbh you just need to update Firefox. 88.0.1 is from May 2021...

sexyegirlsaccount

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 15, 2022
Please, Log in or Register to view quotes
I just crudely changed this part of the page
Code:

...into this
Code:

...and it does display the iframe, though without the styling and proper sizing and so on. Seems this version of firefox is just bugged so I guess I'll consider the problem solved.