Support Rule Clarification for Requests

• Before starting a new thread for an issue, please use the search bar to see if a topic already exists. Please ensure you include as much detail as possible when reporting any issues.

For further information about using this section: Support Guidelines
    To submit and vote on ideas for new features: Ideas and Suggestions
    For answers to our Frequently Asked Questions: FAQ
    For a guide on how to level up: Noob Guide

fccabb

Diamond Tier
Aug 10, 2023
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
I got a warning for asking someone to reup an old posted video that was gone. Which is fine, but I didn't really understand it, and I don't want to make the same mistake again.

I'm looking for a certain video, and she already has a thread is in the XXX section. The rules say to request in the discussion thread, but I've never seen requests made there and what do you do if she doesn't have a discussion thread?

Solution
You make a discussion thread if there isn't one. It sounds like you made a request in a content only thread, instead of a re-up request. You waited too long to bring this up and we can no longer check the deleted post you got warned on.

CHOLLIMA

Simping from the DPRK
Mar 6, 2023
You make a discussion thread if there isn't one. It sounds like you made a request in a content only thread, instead of a re-up request. You waited too long to bring this up and we can no longer check the deleted post you got warned on.

Solution

fccabb

Diamond Tier
Aug 10, 2023
Thanks for that.

Yes, that's what happened, but it confused me because I've seen others ask for re-up in threads that didn't get deleted and I didn't understand the difference. I can screenshot the message if necessary.

What's the time limit and how would I go about getting a warning explained? Would I just reply to the message I received?

CHOLLIMA

Simping from the DPRK
Mar 6, 2023
Yeah reply to the warning message to have it explained to you. A proper reup request involves quoting the dead link, otherwise it's treated as requesting content in the case of content only threads.