MEMORIAL DAY - JOIN BRAZZERS FOR FREE - CLICK HERE!
Feedback - Question in regards to posting screenshots | SimpCity Forums

Feedback Question in regards to posting screenshots

• Before starting a new thread for an issue, please use the search bar to see if a topic already exists. Please ensure you include as much detail as possible when reporting any issues.

For further information about using this section: Support Guidelines
    To submit and vote on ideas for new features: Ideas and Suggestions
    For answers to our Frequently Asked Questions: FAQ
    For a guide on how to level up: Noob Guide

menagarie

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 20, 2022
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
So in the Valkyrae thread I posted screenshots of a vid that was shown earlier. I figure plenty prefer or would want pics instead of video or in addition to video. It ended up getting deleted, which confused me because I've done this for other threads and there was no deletion. Vids would get posted, I'd post screenshots of said vid, people like it, no issues. So im curious what the overall thought process is here?

Reactions: kolihog
Solution
Screenshots are only really allowed if the content they come from isn't already in the thread. If the source video is already in it then people can just make screenshots on their own. Allowing it just needlessly fills up the thread.

WildWarrior

Will I Be Known and Loved?
Mar 11, 2022
No screenshots/gifs of videos already posted in the thread

Raiden Shogun

Electro Archon
Mar 11, 2022
Screenshots are only really allowed if the content they come from isn't already in the thread. If the source video is already in it then people can just make screenshots on their own. Allowing it just needlessly fills up the thread.

Solution

max0rz

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 12, 2022
I'm afraid I would still have to query this rule.
It's not a matter of making screenshots for yourself, not really sure what the point of that would be.
or farming likes for that matter.

It's more the fact of helping fellow users out with a preview/screenshot of the video that someone has posted.
Some users may be on slower broadband connections so can't simply livestream a video from bunkr/gofile etc to see what the video is
or they might be on a capped broadband connection so can't afford to download a 1GB video and end up not liking it.
That's also putting aside the cases where someone posts a group of videos.

I think that rule about not providing screenshots/previews should be reviewed.
You wouldn't have to mandate it per se but perhaps more gently encourage it.

Coming back to the query from the original poster, perhaps as an alternative,
moderators could simply add someone else's screenshot/preview
to the original existing video post then delete the offending 2nd post?