Support Problem with Gifs

• Before starting a new thread for an issue, please use the search bar to see if a topic already exists. Please ensure you include as much detail as possible when reporting any issues.

For further information about using this section: Support Guidelines
    To submit and vote on ideas for new features: Ideas and Suggestions
    For answers to our Frequently Asked Questions: FAQ
    For a guide on how to level up: Noob Guide

morningstar

Superfan
Mar 13, 2022
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
Its probably me but whenever i load a page that is full of Gifs it takes a seriously long time to load. Is there anyway to disable them, especially on pages youve visited before. its generally a problem when the page is reaching the end. In fact sometimes i miss stuff because i wait til the next page comes up.

90x90

Tier 2 Sub
Mar 15, 2022
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
For whichever browser you use, there are definitely gif disabling extensions. Unfortunately there isn't a clean-cut way to do it without being a scripter.

If you have the know-how, you can write a script with Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey to cause all gifs to be an on-hover effect, but it's definitely not easy and has not already previously been made.
The best way of going about this is having a tool that makes all gifs static and on hover, pseudo-lightbox it and animate it like that, as if it's loading the gif separately. 4chanX/OniiChan plugin for 4chan works that way for images, gifs, and webms, but I have no idea how they did it.