Feedback Pixeldrain alternative

• Before starting a new thread for an issue, please use the search bar to see if a topic already exists. Please ensure you include as much detail as possible when reporting any issues.

For further information about using this section: Support Guidelines
    To submit and vote on ideas for new features: Ideas and Suggestions
    For answers to our Frequently Asked Questions: FAQ
    For a guide on how to level up: Noob Guide

nicpic

Tier 2 Sub
Mar 27, 2022
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
Please, Log in or Register to view quotes
Hard disagree on the first part.
HEVC and AV1 can compress better, but usually not that much better when talking about higher bitrates. Any significant file size reduction is going to lower the quality, unless the original file wasn't compressed at all.
And someone that doesn't know what they're doing isn't going to improve quality, the likely result is for the video to come out with a lot less detail and with worse colors.

Using MKVToolnix to split videos can be a good solution, and I think it can be done with a .bat script, which can make spliting and merging files a lot easier. Even though it's still a pain compared to just uploading the full file directly.

Monstalova

Bathwater Drinker
Jul 16, 2023

I only encode source files. Otherwise there's no point. Say the source file is 16-20MB/s and a smooth picture with no grain. You can encode to around 4MB/s on slow preset and have to pixel peep to tell which one is which. Adding 10bit color is a one click setting. Improves color, contrast and banding. No knowledge needed. Taking away grain is a bit different and takes some learning, as well as lot of time encoding.

Toolnix you just need to put in the timestamp to split where you want. To make the file whole again just append the files together. Nothing more needed then a few clicks.

Also uploaders who are thinking to buy a Mega for uploads to last. I used to have a paid account there years back. I got banned for copyright strikes. Didn't get a refund or anything from all the credits I built up. No guarantees your account will be safe.

Wang Tao

Bathwater Drinker
Jan 24, 2024
A lot of videos are being taken down by Pixeldrain. It's frustrating because some of them are really good, like video collections worth 1-100 GB

Recordking

Tier 3 Sub
Apr 5, 2023
People still use a web browser without good ad blocker :LOL: then people complain the are seeing ads on Youtube when you tell them they should be using a ad blocker that is 10 stories over there head.

Pixeldrain has been the worst non paying file host since the min they added the 5gb limit then your download speed is dropped to 600kbps for 30 to 32 hrs.

Next file host that needs to be banned is Mega people are uploading 5.5gb to 8gb when free users can not download these files.

Last edited:

Speedy Gonzales

Arriba! Arriba!
Oct 22, 2022
Just uploaded a picture gallery to
Please, Log in or Register to see links and images

You don't need to register and when the gallery is ready you get a preview thumbnail of all pictures on the same page plus a link to a zip to download the whole gallery at the top of the page under the gallery name. It might be the best alternative for large picture galleries and photosets with the alternative being, as an example with this set, three separate posts in the same thread to get all 145 pictures on the forum. First time I have used this site although have seen it around for donkeys years. Not aware of any reason why this host may fall foul of forum rules.