Guide Onlyfans Downloading - A complete guide for PC and Mobile

TDDR

Diamond Tier
Mar 11, 2022
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
I was just about to ask for help here, but I fixed my issue which was that the start_ofd.py script was closing as soon as I double clicked to try and open. I'm gonna explain what I did to possibly help any other noobs with issues.

So start_ofd.py wouldn't open despite having the latest version of Python, having PowerShell and running pip install -r requirements.txt within the folder, so I opened another command line window within the folder (shift right-click within the folder > open Windows Terminal), typed python start_ofd.py, the command line then spit out the following error:

PS C:\Users\User\Desktop\OnlyFans-7.6.1> python start_ofd.py Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\OnlyFans-7.6.1\start_ofd.py", line 9, in <module> from helpers.main_helper import OptionsFormat File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\OnlyFans-7.6.1\helpers\main_helper.py", line 23, in <module> import orjson ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'orjson'

"Modulenotfounderror", hmm... so I googled orjson, found a page that said you can just install it by typing pip install orjson from within command line, so I opened a new command line window, typed it, and it installed. Then I tried to run start_ofd.py again, and it ran and gave me the config and auth files. So pretty much all I had to do was try to run start_ofd.py through command line so it could tell me why it wouldn't run. So easy. :WeSmart:

sim0n00ps

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 11, 2022
Just as a heads up before people start posting about this on here, I am aware of the issues you might face when trying to download any DRM videos with my tool, its totally out of my hands as
Please, Log in or Register to see links and images
is down and this is used to get the decryption keys. I can't do anything about it so unfortunately its just going to be a waiting game before it comes back.

hornyone

Tier 3 Sub
Mar 15, 2022
I'm working on making a script for scraping onlyfans

Digitalcriminal's script is very good, but it also very complicated.
It can be a challenge to debug when things go wrong.

I do like the way it organizes files though, and the current implementation of onlyfans-scraper has some things that could be improved on.
For one I've added the ability to scrape messages from expired subscription. Second I've also worked on giving you a lot more control of whose accounts your extracting from. This can be done through the commandline or with an interactive menu on program run

Right now it is limited to usernames only, but list support should be coming in the future.

I've modified the scheduler/daemon mode to allow for changeable intervals, also you can decide to print out an output.
(Might be cool to add something like push bullet support)

I've added in some features to make entering auth a little less annoying if your running from a local machine.
If auth fails it will automatically ask you to reenter information. We can automatically retrieve cookie information from installed browsers. One challenge though is user-agent data. You can edit/confirm the previous user agent value. In certain cases it will also provide some details about what the current user agent for your browser is.

I also hope to add in support for cookie-helper soon. Which would mean being able to just paste in the full text from that script when prompted

I'm planning on uses this as my main scraper now.

It based on onlyfans-scraper which I found out was actually based on some very old code
by a usernamed TrendingTechnology

Also metadata support is limited to dupe check, but is one of the things I plan on expanding in the future

Last edited:

sim0n00ps

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 11, 2022
I have finally got around to cleaning up the documentation for OF-DL, it can be found here

There is also a new release that includes a config option that will let you only download posts from the date of the last post that was downloaded based off what's in the user_data.db. This is called DownloadPostsIncrementally, you set it to true if you want posts to be downloaded based on the last post downloaded date or set it to false for the default behaviour to apply where all posts are gathered and then checked against the DB.

TimRobbins27

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 11, 2022
I appreciate all the work you guys are doing on this, but for those of us who aren't script kiddies and don't know Python from a garden snake I hope someone makes an easy to install browser extension that works for the rest of us. My brain hurts when I look at any sort of code

Keep fighting the DRM battle, one change at a time

sim0n00ps

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 11, 2022
I have now updated both my tools so that you now need to get 2 files, device_client_id_blob and device_private_key. A tutorial on how to do that can be found here
. Once you have them you will need to put them in the folder cdm/devices/chrome_1610/ that can be found in both of the latest releases for OF-DL and OF-DRM. This is in place whilst
is down.

X34

Simp Dawg
Mar 10, 2022
Please, Log in or Register to view quotes

You are somewhat correct, the people writing these things have advanced knowledge and are communicating with people of vastly varying knowledge, from those who barely know how to use a PC because they've only ever used an iPhone to those with some knowledge who just need a few prompts all the way through to those who can probably help improve the tool. Writing a guide for such a wide range is difficult, this can be exaggerated if the person who wrote the tool does not normally write guides or might not even speak English well (no idea if that's the case with Sim0n00ps, just examples)

If you just bitch about the instructions but dont appear to have actually tried you will get nowhere and no one will be willing to help you. Your loss in the end.

If you try and follow them and ask for help when you get stuck and something doesn't work then someone can guide you and Sim0n00ps can also learn and knows which bits of the guide need more clarity. He has already been kind enough to record a setup video (prior to latest update) so if you cant just click the same buttons as shown in the vid then I'm not sure you can be helped or even want be helped

TLDR, stop being lazy, give it a try using the vid instructions and ask for help if you get stuck

sim0n00ps

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 11, 2022
Finally found some time to update OF-DL with some bug fixes and new stuff, custom file formats being one of those things, I created a wiki page which explains what you can use in terms of fields
. I have tried to test this as much as I can and I expect it to maybe have some issues, if you do face any tell me here or open an issue on github.
Also someone added a feature to skip posts and messages with #ad or free trial links in them, its just a bool called SkipAds in auth.json.
Also included some fixes for stuff like preview media for paid messages not downloading and encrypted files not being deleted when downloading paid posts.
Latest release can be found
:)

sim0n00ps

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 11, 2022
Just as a heads up to people OF DL will now use an auth.json and config.json which can both be found in the
auth.json contains:
  • USER_ID
  • USER_AGENT
  • X_BC
  • COOKIE
  • YTDLP_PATH
  • FFMPEG_PATH
  • MP4DECRYPT_PATH
config.json contains:
  • DownloadAvatarHeaderPhoto
  • DownloadPaidPosts
  • DownloadPosts
  • DownloadArchived
  • DownloadStories
  • DownloadHighlights
  • DownloadMessages
  • DownloadPaidMessages
  • DownloadImages
  • DownloadVideos
  • DownloadAudios
  • IncludeExpiredSubscriptions
  • SkipAds
  • DownloadPath
  • PaidPostFileNameFormat
  • PostFileNameFormat
  • PaidMessageFileNameFormat
  • MessageFileNameFormat

The reason I have done this is to make adding functionality options easier and leaving the auth.json file to auth information and information that probably won't change that often.

X34

Simp Dawg
Mar 10, 2022
Mobile Semi Automated - iOS

This method allows you to run desktop chrome extensions on an apple device which automatically select the highest quality available when downloading.

You will need to install this app:

You then follow the instructions for downloading from Onlyfans using a chrome extension:
PC Ripping - Browser Extension