Support Notifications stop coming

• Before starting a new thread for an issue, please use the search bar to see if a topic already exists. Please ensure you include as much detail as possible when reporting any issues.

For further information about using this section: Support Guidelines
    To submit and vote on ideas for new features: Ideas and Suggestions
    For answers to our Frequently Asked Questions: FAQ
    For a guide on how to level up: Noob Guide

NoNameFits

Superfan
May 9, 2022
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
I believe I found this happening with at least one other thread, but this is definitely happening with the JVID Collection thread. I am watching it, but after a time, notifications stop. Curious to see if it's just dried up, I check and see there are posts as recent as the same day in some occasions. Then I start getting notifications again before it starts petering out again. Cycle repeats. Needless to say, this is getting annoying.

Solution
There's two things at play here:
If you get a notification for a thread but do not visit it then the thread will not send you another until you visit it, this is just how the forum software is written, its assumed that by not opening the thread you dont want more notifications.

There seems to be some issue with notifications not always being sent

You can visit here to see all your watched threads with a dot alongside those that have new content you have not seen yet

You can find the above link at the following locations
PC:
Watched PC.PNG
Mobile:
Watched Mobile.PNG

POKI

Broke Boi
Mar 8, 2022
There's two things at play here:
If you get a notification for a thread but do not visit it then the thread will not send you another until you visit it, this is just how the forum software is written, its assumed that by not opening the thread you dont want more notifications.

There seems to be some issue with notifications not always being sent

You can visit here to see all your watched threads with a dot alongside those that have new content you have not seen yet

You can find the above link at the following locations
PC:
Watched PC.PNG
Mobile:
Watched Mobile.PNG

Solution

stavm1

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 12, 2022
I also noticed that I frequently do not get notifications in many threads that I Watch. Maybe around 30% of them? It's not like I don't get ANY notifications from the same thread, I get maybe half.

ferwoo

Tier 2 Sub
Jul 6, 2022
i can attest the alert doesnt work after it exceeded certain number. trust me coz i m lazy and heavily relying on alert to notify me on new thread update. im not complaining though but if theres a limit, it is easier to let user know so we can limit the number of "watch".

rn most of my alert (not all) dont work anymore. I need to check back all my watched thread to see new update. Thanks for the forum and i appreciate the work of the staff / admin / mod maintaining this site. 🙏

Reactions: Maripur and stavm1

devastator

Tier 1 Sub
Mar 14, 2022
Same, notifications seemed to have just totally stopped working. Tried signing in and out. But the watched threads page is clutch, thanks for that suggestion.

Bobertt

Bathwater Drinker
Apr 9, 2022
Checking your watched threads will tell you which ones have posts you haven't seen but they don't send you to where you left off in that thread like the notifications do which is very annoying for threads with a lot of posts. Sometimes if i unwatch and rewatch a thread it will work for a bit but it will stop working again.

reedcentury

Lurker
Feb 27, 2023
I also still dont get notifs for watched threads. I've tried revisiting the ones with unread notifs until all dots are gone, but I still dont get alerts

Edit: I believe all alerts are now fixed

Last edited:

ferwoo

Tier 2 Sub
Jul 6, 2022
the alerts have returned but im not confident all of them are fully working. id suggest to impose hard limit on each user and ensuring it is 100% working rather than having unlimited alert and only 20% working. later we have to face the same issue again?