• Before starting a new thread for an issue, please use the search bar to see if a topic already exists. Please ensure you include as much detail as possible when reporting any issues.

For further information about using this section: Support Guidelines
    To submit and vote on ideas for new features: Ideas and Suggestions
    For answers to our Frequently Asked Questions: FAQ
    For a guide on how to level up: Noob Guide
Solution
Apologies, there was a DNS issue which should hopefully be resolved now :OkayChampThumbs:
You may still need to wait a bit (maybe a day) for DNS records to update / flush your DNS

Hegel1974

Lurker
Oct 15, 2022
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
I'm in the US and the same thing has been happening to me since last night. I couldn't reach this site in any browser with the exception of Brave using the built in TOR VPN. The issue seems to have resolved in the past 10 minutes, now I can access the site normally. I hope it lasts.

Reactions: vonanon

Switchitter

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 12, 2022
Chrome with virgin media, same issues as everyone else in England. Working fine on BT Internet

Could be Virgin Media issues? Can't be a coincidence.

Edit; Chrome Mobile Fix -
Settings > Privacy & Security > Use Secure DNS > Choose Another > Switch to Google DNS (Or anything that isn't Cloudflare)

Last edited:

nottzcrew

Tier 2 Sub
Mar 12, 2022
OK I fixed it on my end, here's what I did (Firefox, Mac):

1. Go to this URL: about:networking#dns, then click the Clear DNS Cache button.
2. Go to Settings then scroll down to Network Settings, then click the settings button there.
3. Tick the Enable DNS over HTTPS box, then click OK.
4. Go to simpcity.su then perform a hard refresh (Command+Shift+R).

After performing the above I'm back in, no VPN needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: iNeed2Sleep

NYButtman

This Is The Way
Mar 12, 2022
Just posting to confirm that the only way I've found to get around this block is VPN. Some browsers like Opera have a VPN in the browser and that will work also. I have Cox internet so it may be that they blocked this site. I've read some saying "Flush your DNS" I have no idea what that even means or how to do that. Perhaps an admin can post a tutorial on how to get the site back to normal?

lururul

Bathwater Drinker
Nov 5, 2022
Please, Log in or Register to view quotes
You can either flush DNS via your browser like nottzcrew showed, or via your operating system.
On windows it's open the start menu > type and open CMD (command prompt) > type ipconfig /flushdns (there is a space between g and /f) > press enter
If it doesn't work, open CMD as administrator.
For Linux and Mac it's different, wikihow has the guide. Dunno if I can link it here.

Please, Log in or Register to view quotes
Also command = Ctrl for non-Mac users, other than that it's all the same.