Support Gofile.io issues/help

• Before starting a new thread for an issue, please use the search bar to see if a topic already exists. Please ensure you include as much detail as possible when reporting any issues.

For further information about using this section: Support Guidelines
    To submit and vote on ideas for new features: Ideas and Suggestions
    For answers to our Frequently Asked Questions: FAQ
    For a guide on how to level up: Noob Guide

robertohavito

Shamanic Cachanilla
Mar 12, 2022
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
Can anyone provide or suggest a workaround for being able to download or view videos that posters upload to Gofile.io? Recently - maybe the last 2-3 weeks - it seems like Gofile is having a new set of problems where downloads aren't working for reasons I can't figure out. Some are able to download the files, others like myself cannot. Does anyone have any ideas for this?

robertohavito

Shamanic Cachanilla
Mar 12, 2022
A mod claimed the problem tends to resolve itself after so long, which is a falsehood as I am still having problems with the same links that I tried a few days ago. We need to stop using Gofile for a while until they get their shit figured out.

I'm using the desktop version of my browser as I try to download from Gofile, so both mobile and desktop are fucked. I guess the issue is with the file server URL that we're downloading from.

Reactions: WWRD33
Nov 26, 2022
The API for GoFile was updated, which caused has caused a lot of download issues. For example, it caused JDownloader not to work. Looks like there still hasn't been an official update to fix it. But in their community page, there is a workaround that has been posted:
Please, Log in or Register to see links and images
You could try this.

robertohavito

Shamanic Cachanilla
Mar 12, 2022
Please, Log in or Register to view quotes
I appreciate you sharing this and I am resourceful enough to have come across the same page independently. The UI changed, too and the API changing tracks with an overhaul they did in general.

The problem with the workaround is that you need to compile the installer yourself and I don't possess the software/know-how to do so. I have since found directions that include JDownloader's source code, but it's still an ambitious undertaking where I'm not currently equipped to build the software.

Previously I would use JDownloader when there were issues with Gofile - seems like they don't have their shit particularly together.

Last edited:

Nahgondoit

Bathwater Drinker
Nov 8, 2022
Gofile not working with Cyberdrop right now is a bummer. Also, the fact that Gofile doesn't generate a thumbnail like some other hosts do is also unfortunate, especially when so few people are willing to post screenshots, and some people don't even describe the content they are posting beyond, "here are a few new videos".