Guide Forum Post Downloader - Tampermonkey Script

• Hi all, there are some hacked accounts posting viruses within zip links on gofile.
    Please report these posts when you see them.
    DO NOT reply to them, this just makes it harder for us to clean up and may get your account banned by mistake.

SimpCity

Staff
Mar 11, 2022
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
Introduction

This script can download the contents of many posts on the forum including locally hosted attachments and files on some external hosts such as jpg.church, pixl, cyberdrop, bunkr, pixeldrain and others.

The script adds a download button alongside every post and a download all button at the top of every page which will download every post on the page.

Buttons Added.JPG

Installation

- Install the tampermonkey extension
Please, Log in or Register to see links and images

- Click on the icon up near the web address bar (1) (you may have to click the puzzle piece to see it if its hidden) and then select 'Create a new script...' (2)
Install 1.png

- Paste in the latest version of the script
into the editor field overwriting the default template
Install 2.JPG

- Select File then Save
Install 3.JPG

- Go to settings (1), change 'Config mode' to 'Advanced' (2)
Install 4.png

- Then scroll down to 'Downloads BETA' (1) and change the option to 'Browser API' (2)
Install 5.png

You should then see a download button alongside every post and at the top of every thread on the forum (you need to refresh any open tabs after installing), just hit the download button and the tool will download all media it can from the post/thread.

Weird Zip Names

If zips download with a weird filename i.e. f81dfbdc-eb8b-4b37-8bb5-5100d498e2f6.zip then you should disable any download managers such as downthemall, free download manager etc., refresh the page and try again

Last edited by a moderator:

POKI

Broke Boi
Mar 8, 2022
Please, Log in or Register to view quotes
The redgifs downloads fine for me.
The bunkr link not downloading is a case of a mistake in my regex, I didn't make a server number optional, thank you for spotting this, I've got a fix ready.

I'm planning to release an update today but bunkr is proving to be a real pain to reliably scrape every single time and its the same issue Jules--Winfield is having with his script.
When you upload to bunkr you get a cdn#.bunkr link which has a server number in the URL and is what most people have posted here.
When you click on that you are redirected a stream.bunkr link which has no server number in the URL and some people have posted here.
When you download from bunkr you download from a media-files#.bunkr server which has a server number in the URL.

In the past I was just changing cdn for media-files and then downloading but bunkr have moved files from server 2 to server 4 and 3 -> 10, and some from 9 -> 0, 9 -> 4 etc. etc. so the cdn number is not reliable, especially for older files. I cant use that.

The next alternative which the script currently does and which Jules does with his script is to change the cdn links to stream.bunkr links and then do a request to find the server number in the response. The problem is the server number is only in the response in one place '__NEXT_DATA__' and this sometimes doesn't have the server number. So again something unreliable but at least it works most of the time. I have improved error handling around this in upcoming release such that it just skips the link rather than freezing if no number found but this is not ideal.

My next thoughts were use the stream.bunkr approach just described but if there is no server number in NEXT_DATA then iterate through each of bunkrs media-files servers until it finds the one the file is on. I spent a while on this yesterday but the problem is the response is very slow and sometimes just doesn't come even if it is the server it is on, I think this is either tampermonkey or more likely me at fault. I am not a coder by training or trade, I just play around.

So I'm forced to just go with the same approach Jules uses and just scrape links most of the time.
I also had to faff around working out which file types use the new files.bunkr pages (zips and pdfs)

If anyone else has any ideas or would like to try and solve the bunkr issue I can provide example links showing the problem.

Reactions: cipher
D

Deleted member 916714

I've been refactoring the script for the past couple of days and will have a PR ready in about 12 hours. I'll post the PR details later.

For Bunkr, you can parse the media-files / cdn number via an API call:

https://bunkrr.su/_next/data/4pNgDUqwFSpouH61pEkmz/v/Chloe-Sevigny-%E2%80%93-The-Brown-Bunny-(2003)-jz1IV5PW.mp4.json

where 4pNgDUqwFSpouH61pEkmz is the build id found in the __NEXT_DATA__.

I think the build id only changes when the changes are pushed to the live server.

We can avoid updating the script by getting the build id first and then making the call to get the cdn number but this means an extra call (though most of the times, you can get the cdn number through this call as you already are).

Here's the call response:

Code:
Please, Log in or Register to view codes content!

TheNamelessOne

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 12, 2022
Great work on trying to figure this shit out, thanks guys. Is rolling back tampermonkey still the solution for getting it to work? Just wondering if the script is just incompatible with the update, or someone hasn't looked into it quite yet.

Reactions: ReasonablePervert

thatsmyfetishnosrsly

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 11, 2022
Any luck for the Firefox problem yet? I'm not sure how long this hasn't actually been downloading pictures, and that's usually the only thing it downloads!

serveral

Tier 2 Sub
Mar 12, 2022
on the firefox problem, apparently the tampermonkey devs have addressed some of the CSP issues in the beta version

however i think there's still some tweaking to be done script-side for it to work on firefox. at least if the issues are truly solved.

thatsmyfetishnosrsly

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 11, 2022
Tried the beta with the latest version of the script and still nothing.

It loads on the page that downloading is happening but nothing at happens at the end of it. I've checked the folders donwloaded content should import into and there's nothing their for that specific numbered forum post.

Bit of a bummer for Firefox users!

Peepofeet42

peepofeet
Mar 13, 2022
Tampermonkey got an update for Chrome. Now it downloads the zips with an cryptic name and it wont download in subfolders.
Someone got this problem too?

silveth

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 11, 2022
Are you using ver 4.17 of tampermonkey? There is an issue in the latest version for firefox that also breaks these scripts. It still seems to be a problem in the new beta also. The one step back older version should still allow it to work fine.

Note that I haven't tested the new version that was rewritten and coming today to see if that has a way of working around the issue.

xxxhub

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 11, 2022
how do i stop tampermonkey from automatically updating everytime i download a older version

silveth

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 11, 2022
If you go to this page and scroll down you should see the Download File option for the older versions. I always save my scripts and remove the newest before I do that, then copy the scripts back in. I am not sure if that is required or if it will directly downgrade if you just select the 4.17 version of the file.

Reactions: xxxhub and Yae Miko