Guide Forum Post Downloader - Tampermonkey Script

• Hi all, there are some hacked accounts posting viruses within zip links on gofile.
    Please report these posts when you see them.
    DO NOT reply to them, this just makes it harder for us to clean up and may get your account banned by mistake.

SimpCity

Staff
Mar 11, 2022
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
Introduction

This script can download the contents of many posts on the forum including locally hosted attachments and files on some external hosts such as jpg.church, pixl, cyberdrop, bunkr, pixeldrain and others.

The script adds a download button alongside every post and a download all button at the top of every page which will download every post on the page.

Buttons Added.JPG

Installation

- Install the tampermonkey extension
Please, Log in or Register to see links and images

- Click on the icon up near the web address bar (1) (you may have to click the puzzle piece to see it if its hidden) and then select 'Create a new script...' (2)
Install 1.png

- Paste in the latest version of the script
into the editor field overwriting the default template
Install 2.JPG

- Select File then Save
Install 3.JPG

- Go to settings (1), change 'Config mode' to 'Advanced' (2)
Install 4.png

- Then scroll down to 'Downloads BETA' (1) and change the option to 'Browser API' (2)
Install 5.png

You should then see a download button alongside every post and at the top of every thread on the forum (you need to refresh any open tabs after installing), just hit the download button and the tool will download all media it can from the post/thread.

Weird Zip Names

If zips download with a weird filename i.e. f81dfbdc-eb8b-4b37-8bb5-5100d498e2f6.zip then you should disable any download managers such as downthemall, free download manager etc., refresh the page and try again

Last edited by a moderator:

w3rt

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 11, 2022
Go to manage extensions in firefox. Click Tampermonkey. There is an option in there to disable automatic updates just for this extension

• PeepoLove
Reactions: moorehaydenn

thatsmyfetishnosrsly

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 11, 2022
I've found both the one I copied during the migration(various forum gallery downloader) and the one showcased in this thread(forum post downloader) don't seem to download embedded saint.to videos.

Example post:

Just quickly says preparing download and then completes quickly with no download progression.

Tampermonkey+Firefox

Otherwise, the script works as advertised for pictures still and maybe cyberdrop video embeds. Unsure about imgur or redgif, usually posts using these two are trash uploads anyway.

POKI

Broke Boi
Mar 8, 2022
SAINT
I spent some time trying to fix saint downloads with the script a week ago and I cant get it to work. For some reason tampermonkey just isn't sending the referrer link required or something :peepoShrug:
I can get python to download vids from saint with a referrer, I dont know if this is a limitation with tampermonkey or something isn't behaving correctly. I dont know much javascript so any debugging takes me a long time.

PIXL
It also doesn't seem to be working with pixl recently, again, I have no idea why. It finds the correct download URLs for the images just fine.

EDIT: The Pixl thing is also a request response problem. Isn't getting the filenames from the response for some reason.

EDIT 2: So the script looks in the response header for each file for a filename from the content-disposition bit. I believe this is a relic from when pixl renamed files as the original filename was still available there. If it doesn't find a content-disposition it just uses the filename from the URL.
However, it appears pixl is now giving a dud content-disposition result (or at least not what is expected) throwing the script off by feeding it multiple identical filenames which is what it is then just downloading one of.
I can fix this quite easily by just getting the filename from the URL. I just need to test that works and the content-disposition bit isn't required for another filehost.
However, one file in that post you linked still fails, I dont understand why and the error handling just says 'undefined' :hahaa:

EDIT 3: Its needed for pixeldrain :WeirdChamp: I'll have to write some logic in for this :hahaa:

EDIT 4: Got a fix working for pixl images, just need to test it more. I also have some changes to bunkr downloads in the works (the cdn number no longer always aligns to the media-files storage server number so I have to use a different approach)

Last edited:
  • MLADY
Reactions: ausugnd

Ravn73

Bathwater Drinker
May 6, 2022
Its not working at all for me, Brave (Chrome based) User here.

silveth

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 11, 2022
Please, Log in or Register to view quotes
I was playing around trying to do a fix for both the saint and pixl issues and both issues seem to have vanished. At first I thought I had them working. Then I remembered I had stopped the pixl testing and was working only on saint. So I watched the console and then tested it with my old version and both work fine now with no changes. So it seems Saint allowed direct linking again and whatever pixl had changed was changed back. I am using Firefox So can anyone check on Chrome to make sure it is the same?

Reactions: POKI

POKI

Broke Boi
Mar 8, 2022

2.1 Released with multiple bug fixes

• bunkr zip links fixed
  • bunkr video files approach changed to account for the cdn number not always matching the media-files number
  • Added some logic for when pixl images don't have correct names stored in content-deposition
It should auto-update by itself next time you restart chrome/firefox but if it doesn't then click the following link and tampermonkey should detect it as an update

Let me know if there's any issues with things

POKI

Broke Boi
Mar 8, 2022
Firefox issue.

I'm trying it out on Firefox and it doesn't like downloading anything more than just pics and short clips, almost seems like a file size / memory issue. Just freezes the page for anything large.
Disabling zipping so it downloads each file individually does not appear to fix the issue

I've tried the older version of tampermonkey with no success, this seems like a firefox update issue. I think we just have to wait for firefox / tampermonkey to fix things :Sadge: :

In the meantime I've been working on the files.bunkr pages for pdfs, zips etc.

• PeepoLove
Reactions: WildWarrior

MrSparkle9

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 11, 2022
Can someone tell me where the default download location is and how to change it?