Tools Cyberdrop-DL: Mass Downloader for most forum sites and SimpCity threads

X34

Simp Dawg
Mar 10, 2022
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
I kept getting a lot of 429s downloading albums from bunkr, particularly when the files are on fries or big-taco.
The bunkr status page says these servers only allow one download at a time, so I changed max simultaneous downloads to 1 and no more 429s.

Can the script only try and download 1 fries or big-taco file at a time without having to change this setting? because it limits the speed at which other hosts can be downloaded from.

Bunkr does give these rate limits on their status page, it seems odd they aren't used and by slowing down just for these two servers the rest can remain fast.

Everything else working well, those with 403 errors, just turn off your VPN for a bit :peepoShrug:

Edit: having read the post below, maybe this has already been fixed.

Last edited:

devil5advocate

Tier 1 Sub
Oct 3, 2023
I've been grabbing videos from a bunkrr site and was consistently getting 429 errors and tons of fails. Had to keep re-running cyberdrop-dl to get 1-2 files at a time. But this morning it's working perfectly... it's still running but no failed files showing so far, and the completed is up to 12 files. Something must have been changed and it's no longer 429'ing with bunkrr. Kudos!

Reactions: AMoussaGuido

slitchampion

GoodDragon
Apr 24, 2022
Please, Log in or Register to view quotes

Lol. DDoS-Guard provides protection against denial of service attacks, and distributed denial of service attacks. A side effect of that is that it will block scraping activity pretty frequently as well, especially (1) activity from a VPN that is pretty easy for DDoS-Guard to identify and (2) that which doesn't come from a legitimate browser. DDoS-Guard will block a lot of CDL scraping, but also any other program anyone writes to scrape from bunkr via a non-browser program.

You could, alternatively, be thankful that Jules spends his free time writing, maintaining, and updating CDL for all of us, with little thanks and no revenue. You're free to write your own scraper to bypass DDoS-Guard; good luck.

xoeh

Bathwater Drinker
Sep 21, 2023
I would suggest "Grabber" for Booru/Hentai related websites.
it's a viewer + downloader all in one.
Please, Log in or Register to see links and images
I know it works with rule34 xxx. Youll want to adjust the "sources" option at the bottom of the app once you have it installed. Then use search terms like you would on said websites.

Reactions: RVoss

uyuyuu

Fan
Mar 12, 2022
dont want to be that guy, but V4 is the same. (pretty much says it all that its not CDL problem but just the bunkrr not fully supported, or the bunkrr ddos shit thing). the update from v4 to v5 just coincidentally occurred with the ddos bunker thing.

i even tried the working V3 versions or the last 2-3 V4 versions on my copy. none can scrape from bunkrr lol. so either do it manually or just wait for an update.

OR sometimes you can use the thread downloader and if the bunkrr gallery is linked you can press download and hope it downloads it fine. (though in some cases, it doesnt scrape the big galleries lol)

Reactions: Jules--Winnfield

JeanFrancoisB

Bathwater Drinker
May 20, 2023
If CDL doesn't really work for Bunkr because of the DDoS guard blocks non-browser scrapers. Is there any "browser scrapers" we could use until the situation settles down?

Reactions: muad_dib