Tools Cyberdrop-DL: Mass Downloader for most forum sites and SimpCity threads

xoeh

Bathwater Drinker
Sep 21, 2023
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
Where may I find V5's downloader.log equivalent? I'm finding my Cyberdrop-DL is crashing immediately when importing V4->V5 config.yaml, it even bypasses the pause in the bat file. It imported my history DB no problem.

Edit: Found it, It's now
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Cyberdrop-DL\Cyberdrop-DL\Configs\Default\Logs
on Windows if you always used the local root of the Cyberdrop-DL bat folder like I have for the last few versions.

Also it's probably best to do a fresh new config anyway for most of us.

Last edited:

sGiD4CzK

Tier 2 Sub
Mar 13, 2022
Is there an equivalent to the "-i" option to load the list of URLs from a different text file?

voooby

Diamond Tier
May 14, 2022
So I already had v4, updated, and it started ending right after processing, so I decided to download the v5 zip
I extracted v5 into my current v4 folder with all the config, startwindows, and downloads folder. Started the new startwindows cmd for windows and it appears there's a new UI. I chose import my history and config from v4 from my current SQL file in the folder.

Now I start my startwindows cmd and confirmed the config I want imported, changed the new settings.yaml file in the new config folder, I changed the settings.yaml to read as I previously had setup as it created new folders when I first started it:

Files:
download_folder: K:\Cyberdrop_DL.V3\Downloads
input_file: K:\Cyberdrop_DL.V3\URLs.txt

When I start downloads, it just sits at a blinking UI with no progress showing, but shows the 1st thread within in the URLs.txt, so I got that right.
Since there is no login values like the old config.yaml or login values within the startwindows cmd, could that maybe be the problem for it forever loading?
If so, what may be the fix here?

Thanks for the help!

PS: If anyone extracts the folder into their current main folder, back up the URLs.txt file if you have a lot of saved links, it will overwrite it.

sGiD4CzK

Tier 2 Sub
Mar 13, 2022
Please, Log in or Register to view quotes
OK. I guess at the moment, I have no idea how to download anything then.

I ran the tool, selected to Import v4 items, then entered the download_history.sql file, then exited.

I then tried running cyberdrop-dl <url1> <url2> (the urls from the file i had been using for input urls) and nothing seems to happen (it downloads nothing).

voooby

Diamond Tier
May 14, 2022
Please, Log in or Register to view quotes
Alright looked at that and the values were imported, tried adding " " or ' ' around the words and without, but it's still stuck scraping the 1st thread with no progress. I don't know what may be the issue now then, I thought it might've been a missing login.
Could you maybe provide some suggestions, I posted everything I did in the post before.
If it's just a bug and I should just wait that's fine too, as long as I did everything right.

Thanks!