Feedback Why do we keep using gofile?

• Before starting a new thread for an issue, please use the search bar to see if a topic already exists. Please ensure you include as much detail as possible when reporting any issues.

For further information about using this section: Support Guidelines
    To submit and vote on ideas for new features: Ideas and Suggestions
    For answers to our Frequently Asked Questions: FAQ
    For a guide on how to level up: Noob Guide
Status
Not open for further replies.

TesterTed

Tier 2 Sub
Mar 12, 2022
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
I'm so sick of seeing gofile links that might stay up for a week at a time because they auto-delete and then you have 20 people asking re-up.

Hell, I've seen a link posted, few weeks later it goes dark, re-up requested, repeated multiple times over a 3-4 month span.

On the same note, I've seen *Blacklisted site / Site proibido* and mega links last YEARS.

Wanda

ᴍᴏᴍᴍʏ💕
Jan 31, 2022
Gofile can't be outright blacklisted because it is still frequently used, especially by newer members. The Simpcity staff has already taken steps to discourage the use of Gofile by:
1. Reaction scores gained with Gofile only posts are lost when the file expires.
2. New mirroring policy
You should report any dead links you come across.

Aquilla

Bathwater Drinker
Feb 4, 2023
Please, Log in or Register to view quotes
But still why Gofile and not CyberFile or PixelDrain or some other?

The overwhelming majority of times I see a dead link, it's GoFile. And the majority of Gofile links I see are dead. I don't even bother opening them anymore.

People will upload stuff to it that could easily be uploaded to Bunkr and not need periodic re-upping.

I honestly don't understand its popularity.

Reactions: maliksar

Zannor

Bathwater Drinker
Jul 21, 2023
Please, Log in or Register to view quotes
Every time I have had to download from CyberFile the download speed has been painfully slow.

I understand the frustration caused by those that use the free option of Gofile causing dead links. That is why I got the yearly plan. I wasn't aware of other options at the time but now that I have 600gb+ on gofile I'm not going to move it all to another storage option. I realize I'm the exception but I just thought I'd put it out there not all Gofile links are bad. I've also noticed when Gofile links are dead it doesn't show a filename for the link. One last plus for Gofile is downloading everything selected as a zip.

• Wesmart
Reactions: UnderwaterCreature
Status
Not open for further replies.