Tools Ways to rip entire TikTok profile?

Obicase

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 16, 2022
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
Please, Log in or Register to view quotes
Updated the mega link with anon's latest updates.
Notably :
- can now be given your cookies to download stories with "-st sid_tt_cookie" or "--stories sid_tt_cookie"
Note : it's possible that only the cookies of North American accounts work. I personally couldn't get it to work with my European account's cookies.
- can now add the account's username to the video filenames with "-au" or "--add_username"
- when using a user ID or a text file with user IDs in the command line, can now download to a folder named as the current username with "--as_user"
- can use an alternative API (RapiAPI) for when tikwm is down with "-twm YOUR-API-KEY" or "--tikwm YOUR-API-KEY"
- other improvements and bug fixes

FireFox2234

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 19, 2022
Does anyone know a way to download stories from a private account?
I know how to download videos (though not in high quality), but don't know how to with stories, since you can't even view them on PC (Windows/Chrome if that matters).

neolith

egirl shill
Mar 11, 2022
btw, the ttuser plugin has been deprecated since the latest yt-dlp (2024.05.27) has fixed the user scraper. but yt-dlp still doesn't support ripping image posts though, so still not a great solution for people who need those.

Obicase

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 16, 2022
Could you share which user agent you are using for this ?

I have an extension to spoof user agent, but when I set it to a mobile user agent and try to open a story with "?_r=1" at the end of the url, I get the "install the app for the full experience" message that you'd get if you went on tiktok on a mobile internet browser instead of the app.

• PepeHands
Reactions: alicescarlettsimp

Obicase

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 16, 2022

I found a user agent that lets you do it on Firefox.

- I use this extension :
Please, Log in or Register to see links and images

- In the extension, I apply this user agent : Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 16_6 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/16.6 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1
- Like johndoe said, add ?_r=1 to the url, then refresh.
- You can watch the story on browser, and download it using this extension :

It's only in 576x1024 though, so for stories of public accounts, tikwm API is better because it can download in 1080p, like with this website :

For stories of private accounts though, even if it's low res, getting it with no UI / no watermark is really nice.

Thanks for the tip johndoe.

Last edited:
Reactions: jasonjemodah

HadouKen09

đź’ś
Mar 17, 2022
This Chrome Extension is able to download all videos of users you are following in bulk and all your liked / favorite ones too.

optic30

Superfan
Mar 12, 2022
For those using Linux, Termux on Android (as I do in this case), Windows Subsystem for Linux, Cygwin on Windows, or whatever :peepoShrug: Choose one of these two methods to download all the TikTok content from multiple users at once in source quality via TikWM. Don't forget to create a TikTok folder, and within that folder, a Users.txt file with direct links to your favourite TikTok profiles. Personally, on Android, I have the TikTok folder in the Downloads folder (the full path is: /storage/emulated/0/Download). In the spoilers below, replace the "/storage/emulated/0/Download" part with whatever path suits you.

Please, Log in or Register to view spoilers

Note that you'll need to extract the cookies from the web browser you used to sign in to TikTok. For Android, there are extensions for Mozilla Firefox that will do this. The cookies will give you access to content that may have been flagged as NSFW on TikTok. Provided, of course, that your account is over the age of 18.

Explanations coming soon. See you all later! :ShyBoner:

PS Termux is a powerful command line tool for Android and you should definitely visit
to check it out. Below is a list of packages I found useful or needed to install (or just installed for the hell of it :D), in this particular order, while trying to figure out Termux. If pip install maturin crashes or fails, use CARGO_BUILD_TARGET="$(rustc -Vv | grep "host" | awk '{print $2}')" pip install maturin.

Last edited:
  • PeepoLove
Reactions: alicescarlettsimp