Simp Chat Skye Blue / Skye Dolecki - Discussion Thread

Deeks

Bianca Sotelo Simp
Mar 21, 2022
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
Discussion thread for AEW wrestler and Patreon model Skye Blue aka Skye Dolecki.

Her Content Thread
Please, Log in or Register to see links and images

Stats from Babepedia

AmateurBabes

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 11, 2022
I agree. She hasn't had one since she got signed. At least she has improved in the ring a ton. She's making great progress. She's cute AF, she's young, and has a bright future in wrestling.

Dallaas

Bathwater Drinker
Nov 15, 2022
I was wondering why she was trending all over Twitter. I forgot AEW started Collision tonight. And apparently, the camera focused on her ass...a lot.

Jumpin Jeff Farmer

Yep.
Mar 26, 2022
Please, Log in or Register to view quotes
The problem is, I don’t really know if there’s anyone in the company who can tell the younger people that they need to work on a character. Cute baby face who winks, is great when you’re on the Indy scene. It doesn’t really work when you’re on national TV and need to talk.

I say this as someone who saw her before she even was on Dark and though she could really be something with enough polish. Just not sure there’s people around to help with the polishing. But, she’s young enough that if she doesn’t get bogged down with injuries she could be a star.

El Diabllo

Bathwater Drinker
Aug 6, 2022
AEW has like 50 people working for them. You have people who pretty much did everything in wrestling working for AEW. They just hired a bunch more people.

WWE has really brainwashed fans into thinking you have to have some sort of NXT PC training to turn everyone into robotic sports entertainers who repeat the same scripted promos.

Let's be honest. Skye Blue right now is what Cora Jade wanted to be but couldn't pull off. So she is doing something right. She doesn't need some sort of crazy complex character. What was Wendy Richter's character? What was Trish Status's character when she was getting over? What was Molly Holly's character? What about Lita? Cute babyface has always been a massive staple of women's wrestling.

OtisDiego

Level 99
Jul 6, 2022
I mean she is basically doing what Cora Jade wanted to but it didn't work and she changed her character. I mean Cora even ripped off Skye's look when she first started in NXT. Remember Cora came from AEW Dark and even wrestled Skye.

They just did a big interview with Skye Blue where she revealed some crazy facts like she was excommunicated from the Catholic Church for setting a kid on fire. This is just the start.

I much rather her learn slowly and get the push she is getting than be some phony 1980s NXT character that doesn't feel natural.

Kiera Hogan

Big Bouncing Black Butts
Mar 16, 2022
Needs to fire the dogshit idiot that does her Patreon photoshoots (as do all the other women that keep putting out the same garbage) because it's really sad how much better the ass content is from each regular wrestling match than from a bikini photoshoot

AmateurBabes

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 11, 2022
While I generally agree, I still think Skye needs SOMETHING she can work with from a character standpoint because that will also help towards future feuds she'll be in. I'm not asking her to do a live promo in the ring, but even just doing backstage promos or recorded vignettes or something.

On the other hand, I kind of get the gist of who Diamante and Willow are, for example, and they barely do promos. So maybe it's just a non-issue.

Deeks

Bianca Sotelo Simp
Mar 21, 2022
I mean they literally have done that with Julia Hart. Julia Hart has gone through a total transformation with her character. She went from happy cheerleader to goth witch. So you can't say AEW doesn't have the people to do it. There have tons of experienced people working there. Hell, probably more than WWE. They just hired Jimmy Jacobs who worked with all the TNA Knockouts. But Skye Blue is literally the plucky cute babyface and that is her main character. Same thing with Willow. And it's working for them. A number of girls in NXT and WWE play the same character. Tay Conti was doing this character. Skye just seems way believable at it and that is why she is getting over.

Obviously you can only go so far with it and then you need to freshen things up. But right now it is working. Next step is be able to talk on the mic. But honestly very few women are good at that so there is time for her to develop that.

Mayuyero

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 11, 2022
Skye is in the same spot that Anna Jay is: Both cute girls with incredible asses but not much else going for them besides that, both are incredibly dull personality wise. However, I think Skye is improoving on the ring, unlike Anna, who I think has regressed due to her injuries.

Reactions: Mxd.kng and OT012

Josper

Bathwater Drinker
Aug 9, 2022
You have to be careful with this cause I have seen so many wrestlers ruined by "creative" trying to give them depth and then breaking what was getting them over in the first place.

Molly Holly was a spunky wholesome babyface who was getting over just by being that. But Vince decided she needed a more complex character and then she started hating on the more "attractive" female wrestlers. Jerry Lawyer was then instructed to make fun of Holly's appearance and claim she was just jealous. Holly later said this is when she started to hate working in WWE with the only good thing being working with Trish Status who she adored. She left soon after.

Roxxi Laveau was getting over huge in TNA in 2012 just by being herself and the fans were starting to root for her. Then Vince Russo decided she needed more complexity so he had her shave her head. She was still getting over but Russo then lost interest and Roxxi was gone in TNA a couple of months later. What could have been a huge star for TNA was thrown away by bad creative/booking.

Mickie James was also a cute smiling babyface who the fans loved. But again, creative aka Vince decided she needed something more so they put her in angle where she was bullied and called "Piggy James" which made her break down and cry. She was never seen in the same light by the fans again and she was never really over like before.

Sometimes when something is working it's best not to screw it up with too much "creative". I totally get she needs to be part of more angles and start talking. But I like her character and a lot of wrestlers would kill to get over by being a smiling happy babyface. Like some are bringing up, Skye's doppelganger Cora Jade tried to pull this character off in NXT and couldn't. Skye can and there is money in a babyface fans love.

Last edited: