MEMORIAL DAY - JOIN BRAZZERS FOR FREE - CLICK HERE!
Question - Simplescreenrecorder equivalent for Windows | SimpCity Forums

Question Simplescreenrecorder equivalent for Windows

howdya_do

Tier 3 Sub
Mar 15, 2022
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
As the title says, looking for a simple screen recording program for Win10. I've used simplescreenrecorder on Linux and really like it, it suits my needs and in a couple clicks you're good to go. I know there's OBS on the more elaborate side of things and my understanding is there's a built in screen recorder in windows that's supposed to be for recording games, but can be used on the desktop. But it also does things like stops recording when clicking outside of the window/recording area you set.

• Wesmart
Reactions: yticpmis234

yticpmis234

Bathwater Drinker
Jun 3, 2023
Snipping Tool
Please, Log in or Register to see links and images

But yeah afaik there is nothing as great as SimpleScreenRecorder on windows. The amount of control that SimpleScreenRecorder gives is not something thats usually available in windows unless we get a specialized bit of software.

Would you be willing to grab the binary
and try this

I'd be interested to learn if it actually works .. no windows machine near me for the next few days otherwise I'd try it.

Reactions: howdya_do

yticpmis234

Bathwater Drinker
Jun 3, 2023
How about this
Its got a windows executable and is not an abandoned project last updated a few weeks ago.

or

This one was last updated in March 2023 and has a portable version .

Remembered Bandicam but thats closed source and $$

howdya_do

Tier 3 Sub
Mar 15, 2022
Thanks for the replies! I haven't tried it yet, but that vokoscreenNG looks like it's got what I want. I tried the Simple-Screen-Recorder, a big negative for me is you can only record your whole screen. That's probably the biggest reason I liked SSR on linux, being able to use a box to determine the area to record. VokoscreenNG looks to have that, hopefully it works the same. Unfortunately it would take me a while to learn how to compile that program, as that's beyond my knowledge. Though it would be a good learning experience.

Reactions: yticpmis234

howdya_do

Tier 3 Sub
Mar 15, 2022
I tried VokoscreenNG a little and so far it looks to be excellent. Very easy to setup and use, love the pause feature. I know there's some people out there that live and die by the UAC, you do get a couple of UAC prompts while installing it. But that's not out of the ordinary, most hardware monitoring apps out there get UAC prompts.