Tools Scripting help for crawling a website for content

• Hi all, there are some hacked accounts posting viruses within zip links on gofile.
    Please report these posts when you see them.
    DO NOT reply to them, this just makes it harder for us to clean up and may get your account banned by mistake.

BobDobbs86

Tier 3 Sub
Jun 24, 2022
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
I know this is a longshot but I am looking for some help creating a script that will test a possible web address to see if it is a valid page and then drop the valid links in a file for me to then grab content from. Basically, I know that there is a website of URL+random six character string that has content. So can someone help me figure out how to iteratively test all possible variables of that URL-"random six character string" and then write out the one that isn't 404 to a file so I can then grab the content from it (I know there is no password protection or anything past the random six character string)?

yticpmis234

Bathwater Drinker
Jun 3, 2023
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
how about this
Please, Log in or Register to see links and images

not entirely what you want, because it will not test the url+random_six_character requirement , just follow all existing links on a page.

Try Bing Copilot GPT-4 , it will usually write a solution for you, as long as the task is broken up in to highly descriptive parts, you will have to debug it , by pasting all errors and asking it to correct the script., but it will work.​

I fed it your question and this is what it spat out,

Question

help creating a script that will test a possible web address to see if it is a valid page and then drop the valid links in a file for me to then grab content from. Basically, I know that there is a website of URL+random six character string that has content. how to iteratively test all possible variables of that URL-"random six character string" and then write out the one that isn't 404 to a file so I can then grab the content from it use python, thanks chat gpt

Answer

Python:
Please, Log in or Register to view codes content!

Or search for an existing project on github
Please, Log in or Register to see links and images
👀

Last edited:
Reactions: BobDobbs86