Guide PRIVACY

X35

Tier 1 Sub
Mar 12, 2022
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
#1 was good advice
the other 17+3+1 were schizo posting

Here are some questions:
#1. Do you think implementing all that will stop police/fbi/cia from tracking you? Obviously not, if that were the case they couldn't do their job.
#2. Who actually might care about your data? #1 People using your computer. So does any of that advice help with that? No.
#3. Who are you protecting your-self against? Do you think russian hacker care about you? Megalomania much.

All you are doing by implementing this is saying i dont trust big corporations, you know the ones who are best at their job and who have most to lose by screwing with your data. So i'am gonna give my data to some tiny VPN/disposable email company/people i don't know who write extensions for firefox.

Please, Log in or Register to view quotes
As apposed to in the past when you could totally communicate without anybody spoofing your letters.

This precisely is how freedom is lost. Self censorship. Stasi couldn't actually observe everyone in germany but if they got people to observe their neighbours and to rat on them when they broke social norms even they don't belive in is when freedom stopped to exist. The way people are controlled is not with surveillance state but with social moral.

How do you think this privacy problem will change? By people hidding better or by changing what is exceptable in society and what is not. It is the majoroti that decides(even by standing by and doing nothing (as an exaple look at Facebook making exception to its own rules to be hateful against russians)). If you should learn anything from Snowden situation it is that people don't care about their privacy, they care about convenience. If every time google or other large company "lost"(hacking) millions of users data people switched to another company then there wouldn't be a need for any of that.

fixuplooksharp

Tier 1 Sub
Mar 13, 2022
I.T newb here but is it possible to track shared content through meta data or something like that?
eg. paid security company takes down pirated content, finds details of leaker.
is there a way to wipe anything like metadata before sharing content or should i not worry?

X35

Tier 1 Sub
Mar 12, 2022
Yes, but it's not worth it for them to stop people from buying and lose money or force people to create new account. Most of the money comes from whales who want gf experience.

As for removing metadata:
To check and remove any windows tags: Right click on file then "Properties" then "Details" and modify tags

1. Download exiftool. Latest version:
Please, Log in or Register to see links and images

2. Extract "exiftool(-k).exe" from the ".zip" file, and place it on your Desktop.

3a. Open cmd in windows and run this command:
or
3b. place this text in file ending in .bat:
and drag over .bat file the file you want to remove metadata from

Alternatively (instead of 3a or 3b) or Also
3c. Rename "exiftool(-k).exe" to "exiftool.exe"
4. Download gui for exiftool: Latest version:

5. Extract zip
6. Place "exiftool.exe" into same folder with ExifToolGUI.exe
7. Run ExifToolGUI
8. Select file you want to remove metadata from
9. Modify -> Remove metadata...
10. check -remove ALL metadata
11. Click Execute

feline

Smut Peddler
Mar 11, 2022
If you mean onlyfans, I got a site-wide ban from their services because I got ratted out by a girl whose content I used to leak. She made it by doing a trick that allowed her to guess who was leaking her content, it's not like she got my IP or anything. Onlyfans won't share it with her obviously, and your bank info is handled by a third party, although some of your data (not all) might be visible for onlyfans. I did notice that my ip and very likely my card were getting flagged by onlyfans as well. I tried Protonvpn's free service but it would still instaban me (most likely because of the card). I tried with a different card using tor and it works fine, but tor is a bother to use.

fang

Tier 3 Sub
Mar 11, 2022
The current state-of-the-art metadata removal tool is mat2 (
)

This is also used by the "anonymous linux OS on a usb drive" and is also recommended by Edward Snowden (
)

This can remove metadata from png, jpg, pdf, word, etc..

It also shrinks filesize on .jpg images by more than 50% !

I even read somewhere that cosplayers used to put a watermark into the image itself and that makes even metadata removal not work. Some may also change the picture slightly and have the hash ("id") of the image correspond to a buyer. (Hence why i recommend recompressing or optimizing the picture)

Against paranoia i recommend:

- Recompress picture / Change video codec
- Remove metadata with mat2
- Do not use the same browser with which you are buying the content
- Use a VPN if the hosting website could rat your IP out
- Do not link yourself to any leak, e.g. buy custom content and immediately leak it
- Don't leak small user's stuff, maybe they sell their stuff only to 3 people and then it's easy to guess who leaked it
- Don't use same username, email or similar between leak and buy platform

Edit:

If you want to be completely anonymous on the internet read this amazing 240page guide by someone who recently vanished off the face of the internet:

It is not as easy as it sounds

Last edited:

feline

Smut Peddler
Mar 11, 2022
re: watermark

that is often the case with services like imatag, which is not used by many cosplayers because it's paid. Also, I don't think it works with onlyfans. It was mostly a thing during the patreon days.

Reactions: fang

BADBOY

Tier 3 Sub
Mar 12, 2022
Sup,

I just want give small advice to all of u with really dope program,it's AdGuard.

It's mostly AIO for feeling better in internet. Block Ads,switch DNS and block ur geo in common simple sites(even on nordvpn site xD it's shows how good nord is xDDD)

U can get ADG just with simple buying it from devs...maybe for 10k rubles so it's like 1$ KEKW or just look search in Internet I belive in u.

If u are not foil hatted person(if u like firefox that's fine it's preferences,i talk about privacy yikes people)

I can recommend You to use a chromium based browsers like Brave(cross platform) Browser and Vivaldi(also cross platform but there is 95% FOSS 5% is closed source cuz of a lot of modifications to UI,it's up to u do u trust them or nah.I do)

And Bromite but it's option only for Android.

Also suggest u to change DNS in first of all in router, ADG,NextDNS,BlahDNS or just Quad9 is for me best option. Next u can change DNS in browser,If am not wrong in almost all u have to use DoH version of DNS cause it's not gonna work. Last step is change it into ur device that are u using rn,pc or phone.

I work in internet with little less "legal" stuffs and my best advice is just watch urself. U don't have to use 27/7 vpn.

Cheers

⨳ βoogiε ɳigɧʦ ※

PTA's masterpiece
Mar 11, 2022
#1 obviously not, but that doesn’t mean you don’t have to fight for your privacy anyway
#2 that’s why learning about threat model is important, keeping the right balance between privacy and usability depending on your needs, what and how much are you willing to sacrifice? Read here

#3 a Russian hacker is obviously not going to come after you if you’re just an average citizen. However privacy =\= security, those are two different things
#4 when people will understand how valuable their data is and the power they’re giving to Google, Meta, TikTok, Microsoft, the government etc
what is happening in Russia is a prime example of this, they started using signal and Tor even if it’s not convenient. Just because other people are lazy doesn’t mean you have to be

feline

Smut Peddler
Mar 11, 2022

People do know about the Google, Meta, Tiktok and Microsoft things, but they don't care. Everything is a *lifestyle* thing nowadays, and people are willing to sacrifice those for a bit of convenience. It leads to interesting things though, like when some think they've been doxxed because someone publishes their address online... I wonder what would people do if they knew there used to be books filled with names, addresses and phone numbers for everyone to see

Reactions: X35