Feedback Mention alternatives to search in site wide message when search is down

• Hi all, there are some hacked accounts posting viruses within zip links on gofile.
    Please report these posts when you see them.
    DO NOT reply to them, this just makes it harder for us to clean up and may get your account banned by mistake.
  • Before starting a new thread for an issue, please use the search bar to see if a topic already exists. Please ensure you include as much detail as possible when reporting any issues.

For further information about using this section: Support Guidelines
    To submit and vote on ideas for new features: Ideas and Suggestions
    For answers to our Frequently Asked Questions: FAQ
    For a guide on how to level up: Noob Guide

leongambit

Casual
Mar 13, 2022
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
I just figured out an alternative to the search feature that I think should be mentioned in the site wide notices whenever the search feature is down/disabled - you can type what you’re looking for into google with “ site:simpcity.su” appended to the end. Maybe this can be mentioned in the form of leaving a link in the site wide message like so: “while the search feature is disabled, you can
Please, Log in or Register to see links and images

i think this site becomes unusable to a great degree whenever the search is disabled. the last several times I visited, it seems the search has been down every time, and I put off looking up a model for even longer. - not to sound like I’m bitching about the search always being down, I get that shit happens, especially with computers and web hosting being as finnicky as they are - I just think it’s worth mentioning an alternative that can be used in the meantime so a major function of the site isn’t totally gone

• Done
Reactions: somger and POKI

POKI

Broke Boi
Mar 8, 2022
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
Done

Search hasn't been disabled for at least a month now and its only ever down for a day or two. It really isn't a recurring thing.
Its disabled right now until a server upgrade is completed, otherwise it would crash the site.