MEMORIAL DAY - JOIN BRAZZERS FOR FREE - CLICK HERE!
Simp Chat - Mareesly Discussion | SimpCity Forums

Simp Chat Mareesly Discussion

TrashBirdMan

Bathwater Drinker
Nov 11, 2023
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
One question I have is about her voice? Do you guys think she puts it on all the time or only on streams? Also what’s the deal with it? I thought her voice on streams was the real deal until I saw this clip,(
Please, Log in or Register to see links and images
) where she sounds much lower in tone. My next thought was she puts a different voice on stream to seem more cute and go more in line with her looks. I’m just curious what’s the whole deal with it and what people think the reason is to have it.

TrashBirdMan

Bathwater Drinker
Nov 11, 2023
Please, Log in or Register to view quotes
I was watching a YouTuber yesterday and he was talking about putting on a YouTuber voice and how it’s an exaggeration of yourself. So I could definitely see how she would have a voice to put on for seeming more cute and bubbly where I think her voice in that clip is less fun because it’s more realistic of a regular person.

Reactions: Wreckingball

nailzzz

Tier 2 Sub
Oct 15, 2022
Please, Log in or Register to view quotes
First, in that clip she just sounds phlegmy like she is getting over a sickness. I'm sure you have also experienced the deepening of your voice that comes with something like that.

In general streamers(especially the ones who are the focus of the stream) talk differently. But instead of thinking of it as some kinda evil min/maxxing ideology it makes more sense to think of it as code switching. I talk completely differently to my friends than I do family members or strangers, different vocabulary different cadence all that. The idea of how a "Cute Streamer Girl" talks is already set, so these people naturally gravitate towards it as something they code switch to, consciously or subconsciously. Also being on camera means having to be aware of everything you say, which can have the effect of making you sound unnatural, especially if you aren't used to it.

Reactions: TrashBirdMan

nailzzz

Tier 2 Sub
Oct 15, 2022
I can't remember how I found her, I think twitter recommended her to me. What was weird is that she used to say she was asexual. She was even featured on the front page of twitch for being asexual. I wonder if she has ever confronted this. I think she just really hated her body so she was functionally asexual until she had her breast implants for a while. None of that bothers me but I do find it funny and interesting.

Reactions: TrashBirdMan