Guide How To convert VR movies for 2D

diogo2t

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 11, 2022
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
At the request of many people, i leave here a step by step how to convert videos from VR to 2D.

1. First Step Instal de program Davinci Resolve its free
Please, Log in or Register to see links and images

2. After Installation, you have to install the Plugin "Reactor" inside the same you have to select the option "KartaVr". I leave bellow a youtube video explaining how to install the plugin and also a link to download the plugin.

Plugin:

3. After everyting is install, we started working on the video to convert it.

To convert a video, you have to see the image frame by frame almost, and change the "Field of view", and cut the video in diferent parts, because you don't want o use the same field of view, pitch and Yam for the whole video.

In the first two prints, we have to created a timeline and select 60 frame rates and "strage frames for all" ( click with the right side of the mouse)

After following the options above, we right-click again in the mouse and select the option "Import media"

4. After we have done the part above, we have to drag the video to bellow "Where is saying Audio and video" and go to "Effects" and select the plugin and drag the plugin to the video. After that you can see in the right side the "KartaVr" with the Field of View, Yam... (this is to mess with the image).

5. The last step is showing how to cut the clip, for not using the same field of view, Yam.. for all the video, because if your using the same configurations for all the video, some parts will not be good. For cut the video, you have to click on ( CTRL+\)

After the video is ready to start converting, you have to go to the option "Deliver" and select which format to convert and the image (It's your choice). P.s: He can take between 5 to 15 min to put the video the way you want. After that you have to convert the video. In my PC if i download a scene in 2k and use the Davinci and convert the scene, it may take up to 1h15min to convert. If i convert a video that is in 4k our in 8k can take until 2h30 min. I advise you not to try to convert a video that is lower than 2K image quality. This is because the video always loses image quality when we move it, such as stretching the image and moving the image it closer.

Good Luck :EZ:

yticpmis234

Bathwater Drinker
Jun 3, 2023
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
Thank you that was an easy to follow set of instructions. The screenshots were helpful. Will try my hand at it over the weekend. :peepoClap:

Reactions: diogo2t