Question Downloading from Patreon

jonorp

Lurker
Mar 13, 2022
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
Hi
is there a reliable way to download videos from patreon ? Chrome's extension "patreon downloader" only scraps pictures but not videos. I couldn't find a thread on this issue in the forum... Thanks in advance

Captain Marvel

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 10, 2022

Bamrikotito

Fan
Mar 11, 2022
I use
Please, Log in or Register to see links and images
it is a really powerful downloader for all kinds of things. Read the docs for basic usage as this is for those who use it and don't know this trick.

You can use the --referer option to download vimeo patreon videos without issue.

For example, if you click a video from kimono, you couldn't watch it. If you take its URL you will find something like this:
vimeo.com/{interesting_numbers}/{other_numbers}

Copy those interesting numbers, now on yt-dlp you can input something like this:

yt-dlp https://player.vimeo.com/video/{interesting_numbers} --referer https://www.patreon.com

You should be able to download this way.

Reactions: wreojgmumzpzyvtido

CLENYCLEB

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 14, 2022
Any help with downloading? Looks like Patreon moved to an embeded player (non-vemeo) and i've tried everything except IDM (I use mac) and pyton based downloaders (can't get them to work).

If there are any extensions that will work please let me know.

Reactions: Dnegative

straightfresh

Superfan
Mar 5, 2022
I'm also trying to get Patreon downloading to work. Is there really not a straightforward way to do it? yt-dlp is worthless. There are extensions that effortlessly rip OF content, why is Patreon so difficult?

Edit: After tinkering a little more, I got Bamrikotito's method to work with yt-dlp (Patreon doesn't seem to give their URLs in that format with the magic number given right away). Here's how I got it to work:

Play video -> right click on video -> frame source -> the URL to use with yt-dlp is right there in the player.vimeo.com format. Note that the page source will not show that URL in the correct format. Then plug it into the command prompt with the --referrer
thing. Note: I have to open the video in VLC, my default Windows video player can't run it.

Also, the referer
part isn't necessary.

Last edited:

zebucetiva

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 14, 2022
How can I download a file from Patreon? I'm no trying to download a video, but I want to access a mega link behind Patreon Paywall

• Brainlet
Reactions: jannyslayer