• We have blocked access to our website from TOR nodes and a datacenter in France (some VPN connections to the country might be faulty) due to abusive behaviour. If things quiet down - they'll be enabled again in a few days/weeks.

Tools Cyberdrop-DL: Mass Downloader for most forum sites and SimpCity threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why everyone is having such troubles getting it working, head over to jbsparrow's github and download the latest release, should work fine. Can confirm it's working as of July 22nd. Copy over your old cache and configs.
Not sure what went wrong, but I eventually got it to work.

Initially, I used the cookie extractor in the program to get my browser cookie, but I also entered my credentials manually as I wasn't sure if my cookie was working cause the downloads kept failing.

I deleted that copy of the program and reinstalled it, I ONLY used the cookie extractor this time, and it started downloading properly.

So yeah if anyone is having the same issue with downloads failing, check the program logs to see why it's failing and if its cause of login issues, you probably gave both credentials and a cookie for authentication when all you need is one or the other.

Hopefully this helps someone and makes sense. I'm kinda high rn.

Can someone post how to delete the program entirely?

My thought is that I will reinstall the original v5 release and then do the patch.

I got mine to work for a bit and then it reverted back to the older version of cyberdrop pre-crash. I don’t know how this happened???

I think after scraping three threads I clicked the alternative Mac command file Jules had in his release and it seems to have reverted back to the non working status.

I’m thinking a complete erase and then a reinstall of the version that Jules posted before leaving with the jbsparrow update afterwards.

I’m a bit of a noob on this but when I install the jbsparrow version I never get the app data folder or url txt file etc

Help on erasing and restarting fresh please

As of commit 72d61a9, the fork is totally safe. It so far has very minimal changes from the original: https://github.com/Jules-WinnfieldX...master...jbsparrow:CyberDropDownloader:master.

To get the new version working, simply:
- `pip uninstall cyberdrop-dl`
- `pip install cyberdrop-dl-patched`

If you use the bundled "Release":
- Right click "Start Windows.bat" > Edit
- Scroll down and replace "pip install --upgrade cyberdrop-dl" with "pip install --upgrade cyberdrop-dl-patched"

SimpCity no longer requires authentication to scrape and the new version respects that. Feel free to remove your cookies and credentials if you want to

Is anyone knows how I can download an album from jpg4.su in strict alphabet/names order with cyberdrop-dl?
It always downloads randomly or closed to specific jpg4.su order - how pics placed in "embed codes" section.
I need to download this album, for example:
Code:
https://jpg4.su/a/evenink-asuka-evangelion.YZwofK/?sort=title_asc&page=1

I reinstalled but I cannot locate in the new install the config file/folder that lists URL; settings etc. Can i import these from the old install? I can go to select import config but which file is the one i need to select in the terminal window?

I receive when running the upgrade command after uninstall:

/ciber gps/Cyberdrop-DL_v5.3.41/Start Mac.command: line 38: cyberdrop-dl: command not found

Last edited:
Does scraping and downloading Simpcity Threads work again for those who managed to get the downloader back running?
yes. if you run cyberdrop-dl from the "start windows.bat" file and your cyberdrop-dl was working before the forum died, all you need to do is:
1) right click the "start windows.bat" file
2) click edit
3) change the line:
pip install --upgrade cyberdrop-dl
to
pip install --upgrade cyberdrop-dl-patched
4) save
5) done

Screenshot-2024-07-25-211743d85d8c5386a75dba.md.png
uninstalled and reinstalled now i have this
Edit your BAT file as explained here:

Is anyone knows how I can download an album from jpg4.su in strict alphabet/names order with cyberdrop-dl?
It always downloads randomly or closed to specific jpg4.su order - how pics placed in "embed codes" section.
I need to download this album, for example:
Code:
https://jpg4.su/a/evenink-asuka-evangelion.YZwofK/?sort=title_asc&page=1
From what I remember of Jules's answer when someone asked a similar question previously: there is no way to control what order CDL downloads things in. It will just try to optimize for speed.

Did it 3 times still didn’t work

This fixed me up--much appreciated!

a fork was released to fix this. Run pip uninstall cyberdrop-dl then pip install cyberdrop-dl-patched==5.3.36

cyberdrop-dl to run the program as always

What worked for me (Windows OS):

Run command: pip uninstall cyberdrop-dl
Rename the old AppData directory to preserve configs and history
Run command: pip install cyberdrop-dl-patched
Run command: cyberdrop-dl (this creates the AppData directory for the new install)
Exit cyberdrop-dl
Now swap the new AppData directory for your old one
Run cyberdrop-dl as per usual

Some of these steps may be unnecessary, I was just trying to be cautious and preserve my configs and history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom