Discussion Bunkr Discussion

FireFox2234

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 19, 2022
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
Please, Log in or Register to view quotes

For me, it's as simple as this. If I don't know you in one way or another, I'm not going to give you a code. I imagine the majority of users will probably feel the same, but I'm just assuming. Sorry. :peepoShrug:
Personally I don't understand the reasoning behind the whole invite thing, but I'm sure the admins have a logical reason for it.

Zorion Pal

Tier 1 Sub
Apr 20, 2022
Please, Log in or Register to view quotes
Any kind of invite system provides an easy and precise statistics on account relations. I.E. if you see a bunch of accounts being banned recently and a lot of them used an invite from a particular account, then it's safe to assume that account invites bad actors or is compromised, without any formal audit system. It can be effectively automated and easily run by a single admin to boot. As a side effect it also controls the influx of members, as it prevents an unintended slashdot effect. For example, GMail, a gigantic "free" ad-ridden bloatware as known today, started as an
Please, Log in or Register to see links and images
Without this system you'd have to rely on a pretty frail and expensive runtime heuristics AND have to organize and run an entire division of moderators, ala facebook. And let's just say there isn't a lot of people on the planet who'd be willing to sort through CP for free without ulterior motives.

Reactions: FireFox2234

FireFox2234

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 19, 2022
I'm in the process of uploading some files. The uploading process has been paused for a couple minutes now, for "Rebuilding chunks":

Please, Log in or Register to see links and images

It's my first time uploading to bunkr - am I doing something wrong, or is this normal? I don't want to refresh the page as I assume that will cancel all uploads.

edit: according to the upload page, only 3 uploads have successfully processed. Yet if I view the album, there are 5 uploads. So, even though downloading appears paused, it is not?

Last edited: