Simp Chat Alanah Pearce - Charalanahzard

Sera000

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 12, 2022
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
Not gonna comb through the credits for more than a few minutes but she's at least credited in Accessibility Consultants, could be credited somewhere else but I'm not gonna go through the entire 33 minutes of credits đź’€

Please, Log in or Register to see links and images

Simps_Interlinked

Tier 2 Sub
Nov 3, 2022
Please, Log in or Register to view quotes
So she wasn't a writer at all like she was telling everyone, then got called out by Anthony Burch of all people? Cool. Santa Monica needed better "consultants" anyway. Instead of just making the game easier and solving puzzles for you, and telling you the story and what characters are feeling every single second word for word. tLoU P2 had way better accessibility. You could literally play that game with your eyes closed.

Reactions: Aa1

Algernon

Night Crawler
Mar 15, 2022
Jesus that's awkward. I definitely remember her bragging about being part of the writing team for Ragnarok so this is just cringe. No wonder she's getting so defensive about it when she's hyped herself up so much.

Chances are they've realised she's not that good a writer after all but know she's got a big social media presence so they can't easily dismiss her. Best thing is to slowly ease her out of the writing process enough to give her the illusion she 'was a writer' despite not getting any acknowledgement for that.

Dirtybirdy

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 14, 2022
I think she actually does what she says she does but isn't credited because she came in so late in production and was only around for a little part of it. We'll see if she gets a credit spot in the next game they do.
I also think it's kind of counter productive to constantly go at her like this everywhere on social media. She already has a pretty hostile attitude no matter what you ask her because that is her experience in comments and messages since at least IGN times.

Algernon

Night Crawler
Mar 15, 2022
True she did only come in Sept 2021, but like another user mentioned she isn't listed anywhere as a writer for the game? Her only mention is in the Accessibility department, which credit to her was praised and awarded, but if she's claiming to be part of the writing team and nobody is backing that up then it's not a good look for her.

The only person claiming she's a writer for the game is Alanah, and even one of the actual credited writers had come out and said if you're not credited in the list of writers then you weren't a writer for the game.

By all means she should be praised for making the game more enjoyable by her work in the accessibility side of things, but claiming you were part of the writing team despite no writing credits and a member of that team confirming you're not is pretty cringeworthy.

nhk

Superfan
Apr 1, 2022
yes
D8c5mNnWsAEvf4x
D8c5mNbXYAAdvyc

D8fIwWUW4AM_vSR

Simps_Interlinked

Tier 2 Sub
Nov 3, 2022
that's not how it works. The game was still in development. It's not like they wrote the credits and she came in and they're like "shit we already wrote all the credits, can't change them sorry."

If she had done any work as a writer, she would have been credited for it. Just like anyone else hired during development. She was credited as a accessibility consultant even though she started during development.

LizGoBoom

Tier 1 Sub
Mar 21, 2022
That's exactly how it works. Google "Video game crediting" and you will find plenty of articles talking about how people aren't credited for arriving late, leaving early, being a contractor, or exactly what she said. Having a title that doesn't exist within the studio.

Sam Maggs is problematic, but her story about her role as a narrative lead mostly lined up and all she got was a Special Thanks credit on release.

Cory Barlog also vouched for Alanah being a writer for that game on more than one occasion. He would know. He's in that office working on their unannounced IP every day.

So, you can trust the cuck's tweet if you want, but...ye of little faith. I'd rather believe the guy that's been working that studio for upward of 20 years as a director and writer.

Simps_Interlinked

Tier 2 Sub
Nov 3, 2022
The whole point of what I said was that SHE WAS IN THE CREDITS. She was listed as a CONSULTANT not a writer. That whole shit about devs not being in the credits is an issue with CONTRACT workers or small time employees in a dev team where their team leader gets the credit and they don't. Got nothing to do with Alanah's situation of literally lying and changing her role to make her self look better.

Cory Barlog didn't say shit about alanah. she was literally called out by another writer in that game for not being a writer. Stop simping holy shit.

Thatguy22122

Superfan
Mar 23, 2022
I mean you just don’t get hired at a top company like that. She’s prob just on friendly terms with some of the devs and they let her help out here or there. But she’s not actually on staff staff.

I always found it weird that people fell for that. SSM has established writers who know what they want to do.