Discussion Onlyfans Refund

Mcmurray

Lurker
Mar 24, 2023
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
Pulled a ticket last night and got reimbursed three hours later. This chick has burned me before, but with the knowledge you all have provided, i was ready in case she (pretty sure its a dude running it now) did it again. It was a little victory, but sastisfying non the less. Can't thank you all enough! Ya'll are awesome!

Topfather

Diamond Tier
Nov 7, 2022
I got a refund after a model told me I will get the uncensored picture in the DM's if I tip on her post... 10 hours pass and still nothing in dms, while she posted another picture on her feed and begged for even more tips. I heard she used to scam people in the past (me and someone else chatted about her under one of her posts ) then after I contacted support she sent me the picture and blocked me right after. sadly I forgot to take a screenshot of the picture XD. the OF support were so nice tho.. and it was my first time messaging them.

Reactions: capnfaphappy20

capnfaphappy20

Bathwater Drinker
Aug 6, 2022
Please, Log in or Register to view quotes
damn, good find but that isnt the exact one im thinking of. it is however one that i did see and it was around that same timeframe. it was from a much smaller creator and it was a lot of the same complaints, but the whole thread who had it happen to was pretty much done with OF from that point. as what typically happens, word spreads through the SW community and when a bigger account advertises what happened it goes even further. point is this is exactly the same deal though.

capnfaphappy20

Bathwater Drinker
Aug 6, 2022
thats great it worked for you. the key is as long as its a legitimate request and a problem with a creator, they will follow through on it, especially if you never had one or not a lot of disputes before. the fact they did it in a few hours like that says a lot about the account youre disputing, and they probably had a history of disputes. OF would rather keep the customer because youre more likely to find someone else to spend it on and its literally no money out of their pockets with their policy as shown above a few posts. you really have nothing to lose if you have been burned and can back it up within reason. good going though

capnfaphappy20

Bathwater Drinker
Aug 6, 2022
right, its probably illegal in some way. but this is only for chargebacks, which unless youre doing it, you only have one shot because your account will most likely be banned as soon as its authorized. if its just a regular refund where you opened a support ticket, then its a simple 1:1. that was the outrage from some of the creators because they had to pay out the full amount which only had to be noticed by those that looked closely.

Reactions: mustardsalad

Mcmurray

Lurker
Mar 24, 2023
This was my first dispute. I'm guessing I'm not the only one reporting her which is why it happened so fast. She was off for a while and just came back and i knew something wasn't right by the way she started spam messaging and by the way she spoke. Which is why I dont think its actually her anymore. I hope too many people don't get burned by her as well.

capnfaphappy20

Bathwater Drinker
Aug 6, 2022
yea i only had one like that where i filed a dispute before bed, the next morning it was resolved and credited. the rest took at least some days. i just cant emphasize it enough that it should only be used when necessary and clearly a scam. what youre saying makes sense since that was a similar experience i had, too. account got real quiet for weeks and then there were messages nearly every day with constant clearing of the chat, all content was wiped except for a dozen or so pictures, and every interaction screamed scam. since some of these agencies run multiple accounts, OF might have something that lets them see things we dont, but thats just a guess. if there are frequent disputes with an account though, OF has cracked down on them not only with refunds/chargebacks, but they also temporarily ban the account until they respond. this is much more rare but they would rather money coming in and not have to chase anyone.

Reactions: Mcmurray

MrOGZ

Lurker
Dec 23, 2023
Honestly refunds on onlyfans probably will cause the creators hella money from chargebacks and shit but who cares if the content shit gimme my money back :KEKW:

• KEKWlaugh

capnfaphappy20

Bathwater Drinker
Aug 6, 2022
True but refunds and chargebacks are two different things. The refund route is the one you take where you contact support about an issue and they simply return your money to you, or credit your account. Something like that. And chargebacks are when you contact your credit card and they return your money to you, but the consequences are your account will be banned, most likely. The chargeback route is the one mentioned above where OF was sucking out the money 100% in full from creators even though they were only originally paid 80% of that.

Mcmurray

Lurker
Mar 24, 2023
does anyone know if onlyfans would do anything about a creator thats straight up lying about everything shes selling? this girl is reselling old content relabled as new with descriptions like "dirty talk covered in my own cum, look how i play with my pussy, nipples & ass & all my holes" etc when shes actually just rubbing oil on her tits. I know none of its true because i already have it all but i hate to see all these guys get fleeced so bad. it blows my mind some of the descriptions shes giving that are all lies. i know onlyfans isnt typicaly helpful to fans most of the time, but this is ridiculous.

JlangJlang

Casual
Mar 14, 2022
I think unlikely they would do anything. OF are pretty corrupt, they don't care about scammers unless they receive blowback from it. Ultimately they make money from from any sale so dont care too much if it is unethical. They will only do something is enough people push back on it it, which you can only do if you have been a direct victim of this behaviour. Is why you should always push for a refund if you think you have been scammed irrelevant of the amount.

mustardsalad

Casual
Apr 12, 2024
Update: yesterday was a week of waiting, I followed up with OF yesterday saying "ok, it's been a week, please refund the money" and this morning I got an email saying they did.

Sucks that this is the process, though. I shouldn't be on pins and needles with this week-long grace period when it's already been 2 months. It's turned me off to ordering custom videos at this point. I may very well just stop spending money on the site altogether. Today I bought a 3-month subscription bundle for the one girl I actually like talking to and then removed my card from the site.

capnfaphappy20

Bathwater Drinker
Aug 6, 2022
its potentially pointless but you can open a ticket to support and tell them what you are witnessing. the result will probably be nothing especially if you already bought the content and it is well outside of the month window they use for refunds, and if you arent looking for a refund, there is a slight chance that OF support will just contact the model page and intervene, or they could strike the content. I wouldnt count on it but if you are not trying to get a refund and are solely informing OF, they do hold some things like this against them since the mass purging phases. while they are there to get their cut, if they find that descriptions blatantly dont match and heavily mislead, they can give warnings based on content that people dont see but the model's page receives. OF can be rather petty about things and if it means they are going to end up getting chargebacks, they could step in, but it could also be a complete waste of effort.

I tried to do something similar, just not through support at that point, on a creator that sold out to an agency and posted on all her posts i could that this is agency run and you wont get what they are selling, and the agency banned my ass so fast i was able to get the nominal fee back since they banned me for telling the truth :KEKW:

Reactions: Zannor

capnfaphappy20

Bathwater Drinker
Aug 6, 2022
I agree with you that this is not a good experience but did OF actually refund you? I hope so. As long as you got your money back, and dont have to follow up with it as with another refund I received, i had to follow up with OF once since support approved it but it never showed up. While I may have been a little hasty, I wasnt waiting any longer since it was months waiting for nothing, and technically OF didnt have to do anything since it was outside of their shitty 30 day policy. The one way to look at their refund policy is its a chance to keep the sale on their end, but they also dont expect people to do anything anyway, which is why this refund process is shaky ground. The other side is they know rules are very loose when it comes to this kind of material to purchase, but they had so much backlash in the past they had to implement something or else they would be facing countless more chargebacks, so they attempt to step in and give the creator a chance to "make it right" and if they dont after that 7 day period, they tend to act on it so it isnt yet another notch in the growing fraud department that is mostly on the creator page, but OF lets a lot of it happen. It is a good idea that you remove your card from the site if you dont want anything to get charged inadvertently.

capnfaphappy20

Bathwater Drinker
Aug 6, 2022
Thats good to know because back when OF was very new and practically unheard of they had a much better and clear refund policy from what I saw, but never experienced. It was rare though so who knows. I dont know what their consumer regulations are but I only assumed they were basing it on the older "policy" of month to month subscriptions and a reasonable timeframe to act on. Id like to know more what they have to abide by though, even though Im personally dropping any agency-based creators and avoiding anything remotely scammy or questionable. Thanks for clearing it up!

mustardsalad

Casual
Apr 12, 2024
Good point - I did check and they did indeed refund the money. That sucks you had to follow up to actually get it! Ugh. Onlyfans and creators seriously expect a guy to just give up and not go after getting their money back? I suspect you're right; chargebacks were probably killing onlyfans and someone higher up told their support that some accountability better start happening if they don't want to lose credit card processing altogether. So slimy this whole thing is.

My understanding is their policy is 90 days, after which they can't give refunds. Personally I start getting antsy after a month; that's usually the under/over for a creator actually following through with the promise of delivering the custom.