Trans Why are people posting basically requests in the main transgender forum instead of requests?

• Brazilian TGirls can be found in the Brazilian Trans section of the forum.

SirReginald

Tier 3 Sub
Mar 17, 2022
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
It used to be that if you were basically posting content of value ie OF etc you would post it in the Transgender forum and if you were requesting something you'd post links and a pic or a few and essentially be requesting more. Why is it every time I come on for the past 6 months or so (I've been browsing since the old forum in 2021) is it I am browsing the main forum expecting content and it basically people just posting what are essentially request threads, a few links and a pic or two that are publicly searchable on google?

Am I the only one noticing this and getting angry or am I just a bitter man? I have reported several posts in the past but that's not really effective, are the mods not doing their job or am I off?

Thanks.

Angelic

Bathwater Sommelier™
Mar 12, 2022
Let's start by making a distinction between the regular/cis categories and the Trans categories. The rules applied to Trans threads tend to be way more relaxed, so a request is not considered out of place in a "non-request" Trans thread.

This started out of necessity; the content tended to be hard to come by and/or hard to keep up on other, non-cancerous sites/hosts. Over the past few months, our members voted for erome to be blacklisted. And for trans in particular, they also requested that trannyxvideos be blacklisted.

This hurt the category way more than you'd think and the well of new content dried up fast. So, the bar for "low-effort posts" was dropped down a bit because otherwise it would end up eliminating all category activity, save for OF/Fansly/etc rips which are extremely rare and have no guarantee of staying up or being re-uploaded if taken down/deleted.

We've been actively trying to find another member to join the team and help with the Trans category, but you'd be surprised to find out that a fair amount of members don't want to become mods.

Personally, I do feel a bit responsible. That category is assigned to me and over the past 8+ months I have been busy with real-life stuff that took up a majority of my free time away from work. I will do my best to tidy up the category and hopefully we'll find another mod to help me out until I can go back to dedicating the same amount of time to the forum.

I encourage you and any member that might stumble upon this to report posts that you think shouldn't be up (and why).

On a final note, please keep in mind that the mods and I are regular people with different modding standards and lives outside the forum. Decisions can vary and sometimes those lives get in the way.

:pepoLove:

JCM001

Diamond Tier
Mar 11, 2022
Please, Log in or Register to view quotes
Appreciate the clarification.

Will withhold my thoughts about people causing non-malignant sites (t**nny***eosx) to be banned.

I come here to share and benefit from the generosity of others. There are limits, but kinda perplexed by the handful of spoil-sports hereabouts who crap on free pr0n for ... reasons.

• Brainlet
Reactions: leobre

Angelic

Bathwater Sommelier™
Mar 12, 2022
I think we already went through this in the post announcing it, but to reiterate the main points:

We came to that decision after a consistent surge of reports saying their links were practically unusable for mobile users. So we tried to replicate the "typical user experience" on mobile with no add-ons and the difficulty that pop-up/ad spam posed was hard to deny. The content was unwatchable for mobile users who, believe it or not, are the majority of our members.

I get what you mean, but sadly it wasn't just a "handful of spoil-sports", and we can't force people to only view the forum under certain conditions (like only on PC/certain browser(s), etc).

SirReginald

Tier 3 Sub
Mar 17, 2022
Thanks for the response. I am not judging you the mods per-se more which seem to be enforced pretty effectively elsewhere but not here though this may be due to the lack of reporting, ie:

"
Requests don't belong anywhere else than in the Trans Requests section.
If you create a thread in the content section you should have content to be posted with it."

Maybe an additional warning on the page when posting a new thread in the content forum could help eliminate this user behaviour.

Anyway thanks for responding, it is just food for thought and not that big of a deal. just a little frustrating.

Thanks.

Angelic

Bathwater Sommelier™
Mar 12, 2022

No problem. I've forwarded it to an admin on the web dev team.

Full transparency though, this would be very low on their list of priorities right now because they handle JPG and saint issues, and as of last week they're working on further optimizing the forum since we've started getting 60K+ concurrent visitors.