Question Video Conversion App/Tool (iOS)

Felixstowe

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 11, 2022
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
I regularly download gofile and bunkr video files on iPhone via Aloha browser that have either .MOV or rarely .MKV formats. Once downloaded these videos do not play on iOS and look broken.
Despite trying a couple of apps for converting these to .MP4 it’s largely failing to do the job. Can anyone recommend an easier way for iOS downloads to be converted?
Thanks

Dania

I tip my hat to you, m'lady.
Mar 11, 2022
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
Personally I use
Please, Log in or Register to see links and images
, while it doesn't have conversion features (on iOS at least), it does play MKVs back without any issue, and without the need for converting as well. I personally don't remember having issues playing back MOV files natively, but I would be very surprised if VLC wouldn't be able to play an MOV that iOS won't play natively, unless it's somehow been corrupted. :monkaHmm:

Another feature that I often use myself, is streaming the files using their direct URL, this is super useful for me, so I don't have to save the videos first, especially as my iPhone is only 64 GB and I have way too much stuff on it already. :peepoGiggles: There's of course also apps like Infuse and PlayerXtreme that does the same as VLC, but they do have some of their features behind a paywall. (y)

But, for apps that convert videos, I sadly don't have any recommendations, sorry. :SadgeCry:

Reactions: Felixstowe