Question How to tell if content has an ink/DRM that traces back to the buyer?

capnfaphappy20

Bathwater Drinker
Aug 6, 2022
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
Id like to know this too. I know that a lot of what happened back before DRM was implemented was when certain ethots had some way to figure out IP addresses with content and did some leg work there. How exactly? No idea. It would be good to know since although most dont do shit about it there are some that do and id prefer to know how to get rid of it regardless.

Reactions: Imposteralchemist

Gtyruush

OnlyGuy
Mar 11, 2022
Please, Log in or Register to view quotes
If you do some research into certain subreddits
OnlyFansAdvice, CreatorsAdvice there's posts where girls admit they send different versions of the same PPV to buyers & then if one gets leaked, They can trace it back to that buyer

Pretty tacky if you ask me

Imposteralchemist

Superfan
Mar 9, 2024
Yup Ig vpn is way to go. of they just tracking IP then vpn can solve it. But if they tracking some short of DRM id/ Video ID from leaked video . Then that would be different matter. Need some details on this tech. May be OF adds some metadata into the video which might help them trace down DRM related vidoes. (Although not sure though just guessing)

Reactions: capnfaphappy20

capnfaphappy20

Bathwater Drinker
Aug 6, 2022
Yes I have seen smaller creators do this or put bundles together with a different video and someone leaks the whole thing. But when it gets into more than a few hands, it has to be hard as fuck to find out. I only know of one who utilizes the IP route but shes a youtuber and knows what she/they are doing. Thats why I would like to know what to use to erase any metadata or what is there that is actually identifying, if anything. Im a tech moron so I need it spelled out like im 5.

capnfaphappy20

Bathwater Drinker
Aug 6, 2022
The only place I know of that has something specific, like some kind of fingerprinting, is MV. Apparently there are ways to do it but fuck if I know what the hell Im looking for or to get rid of. Ive seen some creators mention it but at the same time, they could be full of shit and just saying it because thats all they got. I dont doubt such a thing exists and hate to open this can of worms, but fuck em. Id rather know how to get rid of it anyway because nothing is impossible--both ways i guess:monkaS::PepeLaugh:

capnfaphappy20

Bathwater Drinker
Aug 6, 2022
When you view a video, there is a wheel or gear cog to select which resolution you want. If it has an "AUTO" option on it, that one has DRM on it. I dont know of other ways but that seems to be the easiest way to tell. Same goes for if you have the right click enabled, it is greyed out when trying to save. Might be other ways but thats all i know.

Deeznutzz12

Fan
Aug 15, 2021
There was that one time I downloaded a creators content from Alua a website similar to onlyfans. I remember thinking nothing of it. Next thing I know she messages me threatening to sue as the platform somehow knew and notified. I guess their TOS warns users not to download media but who reads that stuff.

Gtyruush

OnlyGuy
Mar 11, 2022
Nobody actually reads TOS to majority of anything, There may be a small minority that do but I'm sure even then they skip a few parts

Whenever i see those silly legal disclaimers in a girls OF bio, I kinda laugh cause I've yet to hear of anyone actually getting in big trouble for downloading their content

It's like those subreddits where girls are posting how their content got leaked yet most of the comments are basically telling them that there's really nothing they can do & they act all "Pikachu surprise face" that it actually happens

& To their surprise, Ppl actually like owning a copy of content they paid for rather than just buying it on a whim & hoping it stays there forever

Plus OF players are very unstable, I've had times where sometimes the player will just randomly start & stop to the lowest quality available

Who in their right mind wants to pay for content & have the player be so unstable it's unwatchable

Yeah nah, I'd like to actually own a copy that i can watch in source quality thanks

PierfrancescoFava

Bathwater Drinker
Jan 15, 2023
Onlyfans doesn't have fingerprinting/digital watermarks but there are some platforms that do (like hutt and justforfans)

remember to follow some common sense rules:
do not mention anywhere when you subbed/when your sub ends/conversations with the model
don't use the same username you use on onlyfans
wait before posting ppvs from small creators
be careful not to share customs

and just for clarity: drm doesn't embed anything into the videos, it just makes it harder to download, that's it

Last edited:
  • PeepoLove

capnfaphappy20

Bathwater Drinker
Aug 6, 2022
Those are all valid and good points. The thing is most creators wont do anything anyway. The amount of money it costs to go after a single individual is rarely worth it and most of the time is a huge negative in their pocket. The best case is a DMCA takedown at which point thats about all they have. They can threaten to sue, but again, good luck with that. Lawyers will take on a case if they are paid but this isnt some disney level shit. Thats why there are only a couple examples of anyone trying to sue, and most of the time it still ends in the same result of content removal or in extreme cases, a halt on a site. Single users can be banned by the creator but I dont know of OF banning anyone outright, or any other platform for that matter. They would rather have the money. Maybe it has happened but probably extremely rare.

The players do suck in OF and since the DRM thing they have only gotten worse. I agree and like to have copies of something since this streaming as a service model is bullshit. There comes a point where they can remove all of their content and it ends there and its no longer for sale. Already happened at least once and while sites like this helped preserve it. Alright, fine. But this is the digital age and once its out there, its out there for good. Just something they have to accept. I dont believe anything harmful should be shared anyway. I have also found creators through viral leaks and in the end, it seems like it has helped them more than they realize. Those who arent going to pay, arent going to pay anyway no matter what.