• Before starting a new thread for an issue, please use the search bar to see if a topic already exists.
    Please ensure you include as much detail as possible when reporting any issues. (Include error, pictures, etc. What have you tried/not tried.)

For further information about using this section: Support Guidelines
    To submit and vote on ideas for new features: Ideas and Suggestions
    For answers to our Frequently Asked Questions: FAQ
    For a guide on how to level up: Noob Guide
  • We have blocked access to our website from TOR nodes and a datacenter in France (some VPN connections to the country might be faulty) due to abusive behaviour. If things quiet down - they'll be enabled again in a few days/weeks.

Support Best way to download YouTube videos in the highest quality/bitrate?

FireFox2234

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 19, 2022
Hi,

As the title reads, I'm looking for the best way to download YouTube videos, specifically in the highest quality/bitrate possible.
I used to use YTD a couple years ago, but haven't done any YouTube video downloading in a minute (pretty much since the JoeRoganExperience moved to spotify).

Would greatly appreciate any recommendations. :)

I also haven't downloaded from YT in a while, but the last time I did I used 4K Video Downloader ( I guess they're called 4Kdownload now)

Used to download CSGO games in 1080p 60 fps, lol. It allowed me to choose preferred quality, and was overall pretty reliable

Thank you both for the suggestions. However, can either of you say which one downloads in better quality, or if both are the same?
I have no experience with anything github-related, so I would rather something like JDownloader - assuming they both have the same download quality. If not, I will learn how to install and use yt-dlp, I've heard it mentioned plenty of times elsewhere as a very powerful utility.

I also haven't downloaded from YT in a while, but the last time I did I used 4K Video Downloader ( I guess they're called 4Kdownload now)

Used to download CSGO games in 1080p 60 fps, lol. It allowed me to choose preferred quality, and was overall pretty reliable
I actually had 4K downloader. Fine for every day use, but not if you wanted to get higher quality or resolution videos.

So I tried both yt-dlp and JDownloader, for the single video I tested with (4k 60fps), the resulting quality was exactly the same for both.
For simplicity, I'll likely stick with JDownloader, but I can see yt-dlp has a much broader range of functionality and customizability.

Thank you again everyone! :pepoLove:

Thank you both for the suggestions. However, can either of you say which one downloads in better quality, or if both are the same?
I have no experience with anything github-related, so I would rather something like JDownloader - assuming they both have the same download quality. If not, I will learn how to install and use yt-dlp, I've heard it mentioned plenty of times elsewhere as a very powerful utility.

this here is a gui for yt-dlp

works very nicely, used it a few times

Back
Top Bottom