MEMORIAL DAY - JOIN BRAZZERS FOR FREE - CLICK HERE!
Guide - Video editing/enhancing | SimpCity Forums

Guide Video editing/enhancing

FireFox2234

Bathwater Drinker
Mar 19, 2022
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
Apologies if this is not the best section to post this in.

I would like some help in editing/enhancing a video. In this specific case, the video is relatively dark, defining features are difficult to make out.
I have some basic experience with Vegas Pro (17.0) and Resolve, but am not experienced enough. Tried fiddling with levels, brightness, contrast etc - couldn't achieve a satisfying result.

Video in question:

If anyone can help out, I'd appreciate knowing how to do something like this myself. There are a couple other videos I would like to generally brighten.

Reactions: yticpmis234

yticpmis234

Bathwater Drinker
Jun 3, 2023
0fya082315al84db03fa9bf467e3.png
Two options, both free, powerful, loads of plugins ( for exactly what you want to do ), available for all three major operating systems. And most importantly search lots and lots of tutorials on youtube for pretty much anything you want to do made by really smart and talented people.

Please, Log in or Register to view quotes

1) DaVinci Resolve
2) Kdenlive

Yes, the learning curve may seem steep. No one wants to learn new stuff over and over again. Don't focus on trying to be an expert with that software, just copy the tutorial for your specific requirement that day. You will eventually figure out the other functionality/features/stuff over time.

Option 1 )
DaVinci Resolve 18.6
Please, Log in or Register to see links and images
Note : don't choose studio, that is the paid version. stay away from public betas, as there will be fewer tutorials on youtube, in case there are UI changes

Brightness / Color correction

Option 2 )
Kdenlive 22.02.xx

Brightness

Color Correction (1)

(2)

Result
======
My attempt, ( someone with more creativity , will get better results ). I used Kdenlive , option 2, and the Color Correction (1) video tutorial
View the video on pixeldrain / gofile for full color range. GIFs have a reduced color pallet.

• PeepoLove
Reactions: FireFox2234